Where was Barack Obama born?

Was he born in Indonesia?

Were both of his parents U.S. citizens?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

He came here in a fiery pod from Krypton.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He was not born in Indonesia. He was born on August 4, 1961 in Honolulu, Hawaii. His father was born and raised in a small town in Kenya. His mother grew up in Kansas. So, his father was not a U.S. citizen but his mother was. He is able to be president because he was born in the U.S.

• 1 decade ago

When you file to be a candidate for president the Federal Election Commission makes you prove nothing, all it takes is a signature. A name and an address. No birth certificate. No nothing.

• 1 decade ago

The American goverment is no slacker when it comes to knowing personal information , even to an unconstitunional level ( thanks expatriot act) and NOBODY CAN BE A CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT UNLESS THEY WERE BORN HERE.

If Fox news supposes he wasn't born here- that's really ignorant. You have to have an exstenive background check to be President. OR deep pockets- otherwise cokey Bush Jr. woulda never had a chance.

You .

Must.

Be.

Born.

Here.

To.

Be.

President.

Here.

So- America. He was born in America. Without wiki- I knew that because I remember BASIC American Government facts from highschool.

His mom was never Indonesian- somebody is confusing the part asain thing with Tiger Woods. Easy mistake for peopel who see very few colored folks outside of the tv.

Source(s): 3.7 gpa in American government, 3.8 in American history
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

He was born in Hawaii.

• 1 decade ago

such a good question and I fear we will never truly know the answer as there are several different "rumors" floating out there......

supposedly his mother is a citizen and his father is not...

he also is said to have been born in Hawaii .... yet the birth certificate shown is said to have been photo shopped...

this guy is hiding something and I am afraid we will never know the truth or it will be to late when we find out !!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Unfortunately he was born in Hawaii.

McCain IS our new president.

• 1 decade ago

born in hawaii. dude...WIKIPEDIA...

dont waste 5 points on yahoo answers.

GOOGLE is also a good tool.

• 1 decade ago

Hawaii - you know - one of the US states, unlike McCain who was born IN PANAMA!

• 1 decade ago

Hawaii

His mother was American His father was Kenyan

Source(s): SFC US Army Retired
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.