How do I remove scratch mark's from my mirrors & glass?

I have a 05 Harley Davidson. I let some detail guy work on my bike and the Big dummy took fine steel wool to my mirrors and my odometer glass cover. Leaving a whole lot of scratches. : ( Do you know of any way to take them off? Please help Thank You Johnny

Favorite Answer

weak acid from any superstore mixed with water small glass and a smooth cleaning material

I'm not sure if this will work, but if your back is against the wall and you've run out of options and nothing works, get a bottle of that CD scratch remover. I tried it once on a mirror that had just some minor scratches and it actually got rid of them.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): remove scratch mark 39 mirrors glass: https://tr.im/vdTAo

Get yourself to an auto store and they'll show you a few products which look like they're in hand cream bottles. Most of the time, you just apply some of the cream to a towel and lightly scrub it into the odometer and mirrors, and it should fill in and seal the scratches, leaving the glass clean.

I would sue the jerk. You can't really fix those scratches. All you can do is to polish them out, taking off additional finish. To do that, use a rubbing compound or polish; you should be able to find it next to the paste wax. Rubbing compound is comprised of extremely fine ground pumice and wax, not good for the finish, and you'll have to continually redo it to perk it up until there's nothing left of the chrome, but it will look better for a while.

• ACE

After your done beating the brakes off the asshole, try Glasswax. It is an old-school compound for glass that I've only seen in those old hardware stores. It will help if it isn't too bad.

Source(s): 20+ ASE
  • Nomadd

You get new mirrors. Polishing glass isn't something you do by reading a book.

CD fixer won't do anything. it just polishes the thin layer of plastic on the CD, not the glass itself.

I suppose getting him to replace these as damaged is out of the question? Other than that you will need to take the glass to a company set up to polish glass. Ask a window company. Even then it is tricky ( likely to break).

there is nothing you can do to get scratches out of glass, they are all gimmicks. but the main compound that glass companies use is called cyrium oxide. i have been a glazier for 12 years and there is nothing that works. sorry bout the harley, that sucks

Source(s): journeyman glazier
  • fghjk

I would have kicked his a**