vicodin or tramadol?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

as a certified pharmacy tech....i need to ask what youre using it for?? both are pain medications. one is a controlled substance painkiller and the other is a mild pain reliever (like tylenol)

if you have a prescription the one for vicodin is good for 6 months while the one for tramadol is good for one year...vicodin has a generic (depending on the strength) and tramadol is the generic of ultram

hope i kinda helped

Source(s): CPhT
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

The simple answer is yes you can. AS LONG AS YOU CUT BACK on the Vicodin. But be wary of withdrawl symptoms. Even mild. You can try taking the two vicodin in the morning and then the Tramadol in the afternoon. But you may find that the Tramadol will work for a while and then lessen off the effects, like you are currently finding with the other pain meds. But trying something new for your body will help the pain. If it wasn't safe to do the Doctor wouldn't have prescribed it PRN. I am not even going anywhere near the other answers as you sound like you already know what the others have said in the answers. It's not answering the question you asked!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Vicodin

• 1 decade ago

Tramadol all the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Vicodin is just trouble. Taking Vicodin is like dating Courtney Love.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Never had Tramadol and I'm allergic to Vicodin. I use Tylenol-3 as needed for chronic pain.

• Legion
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Tramadol

• 1 decade ago

Well depends on what your pain is? Athritis then I would go for the tramadol, if you have other pain the vicoden. And if youre just looking for a buzz then dont waste your time on tramadol. And dont take too much at once!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Vicodin , let's party

• 1 decade ago

I just started using tramadol.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, I had to take Vicodin for when

I had my wisdom teeth removed :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.