Me777
Me777 asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Does anyone know how to make delicious pizza sauce ?

Please help me find a recipe for pizza sauce that will make your mouth water !

Favorite Answer

I just use my basic tomato sauce recipe, like I"d use for pasta or lasagna. I don't want a thick, pasty sauce on either my pasta or pizza; a lighter tomato sauce is my choice. Try these:

Mark Strausman’s Tomato Sauce

--Makes about 9 cups

If you are preparing this recipe in August or September, use fresh plum tomatoes, which are at the height of their season then. Cut them into large pieces, and run them through the food mill just as you would canned tomatoes. Slow cooking will allow the skin to melt into the sauce. For canned tomatoes, Mark likes to use Italian plum tomatoes from the Italian San Marzano Valley. ("CENTO" is one brand.)

4 (28 oz) cans whole Italian plum tomatoes

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced

1 tsp. crushed red-pepper flakes

1 cup Chianti or dry red wine

1 Tbsp. dried oregano

8 leaves fresh basil

Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Purée tomatoes in a food mill, removing most of the seeds. In a medium stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat, add garlic, and sauté until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add red-pepper flakes. While oil is sizzling, slowly add half of the puréed tomatoes and the wine, stirring to mix. Add remaining tomatoes, reduce heat to low, and let simmer. Add oregano, and continue to simmer until slightly thickened, 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Add basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. The sauce may be kept in the refrigerator up to 3 or 4 days in an airtight plastic container or in the freezer for up to 1 month.

--------------------

Basic Tomato Sauce:

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

1 Spanish onion, chopped into 1/4-inch dice

4 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced

3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped

1/2 medium carrot, finely shredded

2 (28-ounce) cans peeled whole tomatoes

Salt

In a 3-quart saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft and light golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the thyme and carrot and cook 5 minutes more, until the carrot is quite soft. Add the tomatoes and juice and bring to a boil, stirring often. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until as thick as hot cereal. Season with salt and serve.

This sauce holds 1 week in the refrigerator or up to 6 months in the freezer.

--Mario Batali

This is the sauce I make every time I make my own pizza. Its a little on the sweet side but is still mild. It rivals any take out pizza place I've ever eaten at. And I used to work at a pizza shop so I've had a lot.

2 tbsp olive oil

6 oz tomato paste

2 tsp sugar

¼ tsp basil

2 tbsp red wine

3 cloves garlic, pressed

⅔ c water

½ tsp dried oregano

3 tbsp Parmesan Cheese

Salt and pepper to taste

In a saucepan, sauté garlic in oil until golden. Add tomato paste, sugar, water, oregano, basil, cheese and wine. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes on medium/low heat.

Source(s): I'm from Chicago, we know our pizza.

1. spread out pizza dough. (pilsbury is reallllly good)

2. spread pizza dough with sauce (ragu pizza sauce is really great too)

3. put sliced tomatoes on top

4. top with mozzarella cheese, and a sprinkling or Boursin cheese (the secret ingredient!)

5. melt one tablespoon of butter and mix with one clove of minced garlic. Brush mixture lightly over pizza.

6. pop in the oven at 350 degrees farenheit for about 20 minutes or whenever you think it looks done

7. top with basil for a delicious finishing touch and voila!!! there you have the most delicious, mouthwatering pizza possible!!!

I like fresh oregano and basil in mine- and a pinch of sugar.

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic

1/4 cup finely chopped onion

1 cup tomato sauce

1 tbs chopped fresh oregano

1/4 cup chopped fresh basil

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1/4 teaspoon sugar ( or splenda works too! )

2 tablespoons tomato paste

In a medium saucepan, sauté garlic and onions in olive oil until tender. Add seasonings and continue cooking a few more minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, and then tomato paste. Simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.

1. Open Jar,

2. Pour in bowl

3. Mix it up

4. Call it ur own