How do I get rid of all the websites that pile up in my internet explorer address box?
When I click on the down arrow at the right of the address box, many of the websites I've been to show up, and apparently are there forever! When I highlight one trying to delete it, it just goes to that website.
- C-bugLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
clean up (delete) your cookies, temp files and temporary internet files. I prefer to use Ccleaner (available at www.filehippo.com) to do this, rather than the built-in DISK CLEANUP. If you want to use Disk Cleanup, you can find it if you:
- Double-Click on My Computer to open it up
- RIGHT-click on your C: drive
- Choose PROPERTIES and then click on the DISK CLEANUP button
- When done, reboot your computer.
Delete these files daily or run Ccleaner every day right before you shut your computer down.