Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

does it hurt to get ear pierced at top of ear?

i want to get my ear pierced at the top like the cartilage part or whatever but does it hurt when you keep it in for the first 6 or whatever weeks? like when you have to turn it to put it the alchol thingy? im 13 and i want to get it pierced but iw as just wondering. thanks

Favorite Answer

Im getting the top of my ear pierced tomorrow morning :S

Ive already got it pierced three times at the bottom and im just scared to get the cartilage done incase it hurts alot more. But i know it will be worth it in the end.

And i will edit this question once ive had it done and let you know if it hurts or not. lol.

_____________________________________________________

Well hey again! and yes, ive had it done :D

Get it done!

It didnt hurt nearly as bad as i thought it as going to hurt!

Soooooo worth it, mine looks really nice and i am sooooooo pleased :D

Theres not much else i can say really, but you'll regret it if you dont.

Hope that kinda gave you some good advice and good luck :D

Source(s): Meeee!

I'm going to pierce the top next week ,but I read that it doesnt hurt. I got my 2nd piercing yesterday it felt like a pinch then it felt numb for 20 minutes then it felt normal it didnt hurt and im about to be in 6th grade......soo i guess a piercing on the top of the ear doesnt hurt

It depends on your pain tolerance. How did you find getting your tragus done? If you found it okay, you'll probably find this one okay too. For me, it felt like a pinch and like all piercing it only felt uncomfortable for a second. For me, I'd rate it about 3/10 in terms of pain, but it might be completely different for you

i am the same age and i just got it done like 2 or 3 weeks ago and it didnt hurt geting it percised but it hurt likenow when i sleep on it or talk on the phone on that side so,,, just make shure u get the right side done

cartilage hurts more than the softer parts of your ear, but if you want it then a bit of pain shouldnt worry you

im 12 and i got mine done .. didnt hurt at all ..... but it does hurt juss a bit when i sleep on that side .. cuz of the ear

DONT be scared .... its not bad ... trust me i've been there

DO NOT get it done with a gun!!! Have a pro pierce it correctly. I got it done with the gun, and yeah it hurt. Especially after it swelled up for 6 months with puss.

i have da top of my ear perced and it hurt at first, but den after a couple months it was fine.