Reccomend Some Good Movies?

I have been expanding my DVD library lately and I am looking for some good movies to purchase. The thing is, I am looking for some that don't have a bunch of nudity/sex and don't have a lot of language. I don't care if they have the occasional f-bomb or if they are rated "R"(about %75 of my movie collection is), I just don't like a lot of language. And violence dosen't bother me. And please don't turn this into some kind of debate or anything. I am just looking for some good movies that would fit my taste.

I was looking at Equilibrium. Would this fall under my specifications? I am a big Christian Bale fan. What are some other ones? List away.

Ok, let me add, I mostly like action/war/drama type movies. And no kid/family movies. Nothing against them, they are just not my thing. On one of your lists, I saw stuff like Heat, shawshank, etc. Don't those either have a lot of language or nudity?

Favorite Answer

I don't watch a lot of films with a lot of laguage, and very few with nudity. I can name a range of films that everyone can enjoy.

Léon, Seven, The Green Mile, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly", Goodfellas, The Shawshank Redemption, The Godfather, Pan's Labyrinth, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, The Usual Suspects, Reservoir Dogs, The Silence Of The Lambs, Fargo, Taxi Driver, Apocalypse Now, American Beauty, Full Metal Jacket, The Last Of The Mohicans, The Deer Hunter, Heat, Ronin, Jackie Brown, Pulp Fiction, Casino, The Pianist, 2001: A Space Oddysee, There Will Be Blood, Raging Bull, Letters From Iwo Jima, Planet Of The Apes, Batman Begins, Blade Runner, Unforgiven, Gladiator, Die Hard, Spartacus, Platoon, V For Vendetta, Children Of Men, Thelma and Loiuse, Fight Club and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

A few of these have quite a bit of language (mainly Goodfellas) but none have any nudity, none that I can remember anyway. I usually hate nudity in movies.

• ?

12 Angry Men (1957) - drama

12 Monkeys - drama/action

Aliens - action

Apocalypse Now - war

Cape Fear (1991) - drama

Casablanca - drama

Chinatown - drama

The Day of the Jackal - action/drama

Die Hard - action

The Dirty Dozen - war

Duel - action/drama

Escape From New York - action

A Few Good Men - drama

The Flight of the Phoenix (1965) - drama

The Great Escape - war

The Guns of Navarone - war

In the Heat of the Night - drama

Kelly's Heroes - war

Lawrence of Arabia - war/drama

Miller's Crossing - drama

The Odessa File - action/drama

Patton - war

Planet of the Apes (1968) - action

Raiders of the Lost Ark - action

The Road Warrior - action

Romancing the Stone - action

Runaway Train - action/drama

Three Days of the Condor - drama

To Kill a Mockingbird - drama

Twelve O'Clock High - war

Von Ryan's Express - war

Where Eagles Dare - war

.

I second the movie Memento! It's great but you'll have to follow along closely. Also, there is a French movie called With a Friend Like Harry. It has subtitles but it's a great thriller. The Bourne Identity and Supremacy are great action thrillers too.

Night of the Hunter

Ran--excellent

Battle Royale

The Machinist

Frailty

The Professionals

Seven Samurai/ The Magnificent Seven--both are brilliant.

Tora! Tora! Tora!

Dog Soldiers--a fair bit of profanity, most of it British slang, but very good.

the good the bad and the ugly

raging bull

taxi driver

fist full of dollars

once upon a time in the west

the warriors

i like westerns haha and classics i dont kno if you like em or if you already own these but you should

Best movie I have ever seen: P.S I love you staring hilary swank and gerard butler. Rated pg-13 and is worth every single penny

V for Vendetta, masterpiece

i just bought, transformers, the ant bully, arthur and the invinsibles, august rush, and no reservations. all really good at least i think so lol