Computer people PLEASE help me !!!!!!?

I have a McAfee VirusScan Plus program installed on my computer. When I checked to make sure everything was up to date and ok, it said I am fine. My HP total care advisor says my computer has no virus protection though. which one is right? What is going on? Anyone that can help, it would be VERY apprciated. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

if you can open mcafee and use it then it must be installed and the advisor just made a mistake

If you have an Icon for the garbage McAfee in the taskbar on the right side, it is active. Sorry, I have no respect for the program or the company that owns it. Have had several bad experiences with it. If the Icon is there click on it and it should open a window giving the status as far as current and active. The HP advisor may not recognize it if yo have never run a full system scan.

i dont like mcafee... but its like microsoft... youll get a taste but you have to pay for it... im guessing that your mcafee is expired and you need to purchase it... but you can go with a free alternative... i suggest doing a google search for AVG for free. Uninstall mcafee too. Youll be glad you did ;)

sounds silly to me but try downloading ad aware 2007 it wipes away spyware so maybe thats what it is