Does keeping batteries in the fridge really make them last longer?

Or what exactly does it do?

Favorite Answer

It doesnt actually make them last longer. It allows them to keep their charge longer. For instance, 2 of the same new batteries were bought. One was kept i the fridge and the other outside. After like 6 months of not using them, the one that wasnt in the fridge wouldnt last as long as the one in the fridge. The temperature is what will help preserve your battery's charge, not the overall capacity. They will stay fresh longer in the fridge than outside.

I do keep in mind that my mothers and fathers saved new batteries interior the freezer whilst i became right into a new child. I actual have _NO_ scientific data this reasons them to final longer in spite of the undeniable fact that! Do _something_ to learn the ambience and your wallet! positioned funds into rechargeable batteries! A lil extra high priced interior the commencing up yet quite worth it interior the long-term!! "ALL you have chose Is LOVE!" T H E B E A T L E S! "H A W ok E Y E!" Vincent Reagan :) ;)

I asked that same question at a photo meeting at work. Some poeple said it did, others said it didnt. I have tried it, but it didnt work for me. It might depend on what kind of battery it is

• BiG A

it does nothing

Source(s): my parents used to put batteries in the freezer back in the 70's. i know... i was there...