Xbox 360 Question?

wat is the ring of death and how do you prevent it ten pionts and five starz to best anwser

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

The Red Ring of Death (RRoD) is the petname gamers have given to a specific error code the Xbox 360 gets when it gets too hot and the GPU unit comes loose from the motherboard. The error is notified by threed red lights appearing around the "power" button of your 360 console. Microsoft fixes this problem for free if you send your console in to them.

Ways to prevent the RRoD: Simply don't put your 360 in an enclosed environment, like a cubby hole on your entertainment stand. Don't set it on the carpet, keep the area around it dust-free, and just genuinely take care of it like you would any piece of hardware. The RRoD only occurs when people don't take proper care of their console.

• 1 decade ago

I had the RRoD--not fun....even though they do fix it for free... it took them 3 weeks =[ But i got it back, and the funny thing is, i didnt put it in a shelve or anything, and i didnt have it on a carpet! it just happened...

• 1 decade ago

dont get a xbox360!!! i had one and it was a peice of carp!!! and if u have one sell it...get a ps3!!! i have a ps3 and it is alot better then a 360!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.