Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

My stomach hurts after running. What's wrong with me??

Hi everybody.

I'm in the process of becoming a personal trainer, so I work out about 6 days a week hardcore. I can do any kind of cardio on any kind of machine as much as I want and I'm fine, but whenever I run on the treadmill, my lower stomach really hurts. It feels like really bad gas and even a little menstrual-like. I have no idea why and what's causing this. I don't drink too much water before, and I make sure I give myself enough time after eating before I work out. It doesn't hurt any other time of the day...only after a run. The stomach cramps can last for the rest of the day sometimes. I just find it strange that whenever I do the stairmaster, elliptical, or anything else I'm completely fine. Any ideas?!!?

Favorite Answer

Hi!

this sounds like perhaps your running style needs tweaking. it sounds like you are straining your lower stomach muscles and that would be why it hurts for the rest of the day.

i would ask one of your personal trainer mates to take a look at your while your running and see if your doing anything weird. try not to strain yourself to bad becuase you may tear somthing in there and it will take ages to heal.

good luck with your PT certificate!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Hi everybody.

I'm in the process of becoming a personal trainer, so I work out about 6 days a week hardcore. I can do any kind of cardio on any kind of machine as much as I want and I'm fine, but whenever I run on the treadmill, my lower stomach really hurts. It feels like really bad gas...

Source(s): stomach hurts running 39 wrong me: https://shortly.im/MHmpn

This is called a 'stitch' and I'm not sure exactly how it is caused, but I do know it's normal, especially if you've recently eaten and start running!

You need to stretch more and start off slower. Shoes also put a huge role on how you run. I got fitted for running shoes and now my lower back doesn't hurt when I jog.

• Eat after running, nothing big, but if this helps then it's because your not getting enough callories in your diet. Or you could be pregnant. But seriously try eating a snack after running and if the pain goes away thats the reason. Hope this helps.

• Chrys

yeah..you're dehydrated...in the process of becoming a personal trainer, you oughta learn to keep your body full of fluid...lose too much and you might die...(and it's NOT an exaggeration...)

Its usually a cramp caused by not running frequently, your body will get used to running and this will stop happening

nothing you are probably just hungry or sore it will go away and yay! for you for running =] good luk

just cramps