Christians:If you seen God face would you die?

It was said that if any living human saw God's face they would die. When Moses asked God could he see his glory. God said that no living human could see his face or they would die. So what do you think about this?

Favorite Answer

God created us in his image, have you ever seen him? the holy spirit of god can travel anywhere. No living human can see his glory, but we as his children will see him in the spiritual life, In heaven. Holy ! Glory be that day!

I dont understand the question. ?? Whats to think about?

If I were to see his face in my current sinful and fallen condition, yes, I would surely die. When we are resurrected, who knows what it will be like. We have some clues as to what it will physically be like. But how it will be being in the presence of the Almighty on a daily basis, it is only said "it hasnt entered into human hearts the things God has prepared for those who love him" 1Corinthians 2:9

According to the bible, only wicked people die when they see God. There are several scriptures where people have seen God, and even once a man and his wife saw God and were afraid that they might die.

http://www.deseretstudies.com/FaceOfGod.html

GOD'S face has never and will never be seen until it is all over.

Just his glory is breath taking.

Breath leaves your body when you see HIS GLORY...

The bright lights surrounding HIM.

It's awesome ....

I always say.....

it's a waste time to try and figure out what heaven looks like.

Because it is something like no other has seen.and will never see anything on earth anywhere close to a pebble of heaven.

You can't even imagine because it is that GREAT.

I bet if one were to see heaven their mind would blow up.

UN-Imaginable.

It's pretty cool.

Wait, why would it matter if you died?

God could just send you back if he wanted.

If you WERE the guy God came down to see, why would you care either way? You would probably go to heaven anyhow. I can't think of one biblical story where God shows up in front of some wicked person. So, false.

It makes sense. I think, basically, we'd probably die from the shock of seeing something that is completely incomprehensible. Of course, none of us could imagine what that could be, but people have gone into shock before just by seeing something terrible, so why not go into shock over something unimaginably beautiful and complex.

The first is a mistranslation, observe;

Gen 32:30

30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Ex 33:11

11 And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

Num 14:14

14 And they will tell [it] to the inhabitants of this land: [for] they have heard that thou LORD [art] among this people, that thou LORD art seen face to face, and [that] thy cloud standeth over them, and [that] thou goest before them, by day time in a pillar of a cloud, and in a pillar of fire by night.

Deut 5:4

4 The LORD talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,

Deut 34:10

10 And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,

Non-Biblical

Moses 1:2

2 And he saw God face to face, and he talked with him, and the glory of God was upon Moses; therefore Moses could endure his presence.

Moses 1:31

31 And behold, the glory of the Lord was upon Moses, so that Moses stood in the presence of God, and talked with him face to face. And the Lord God said unto Moses: For mine own purpose have I made these things. Here is wisdom and it remaineth in me.

Moses 7:4

4 And I saw the Lord; and he stood before my face, and he talked with me, even as a man talketh one with another, face to face; and he said unto me: Look, and I will show unto thee the world for the space of many generations.

Abr 3:11

11 Thus I, Abraham, talked with the Lord, face to face, as one man talketh with another; and he told me of the works which his hands had made;

BE IT KNOWN; you must be protected and have the spirit in great measure to do this...."do not attemp this at home".

Human eyes and mind cannot behold the glory of God himself therefore your head would most likely explode causing death.

Yup and then I would be in heaven and see the face of God and be alive forever more.

Sign me up

He had to be transfigured by the power of God before he could see the face of God.

God has all power, he can show himself to us if he so chooses.