Why did the Obama campaign post a forged birth certificate on his "fight smears website"?

If Obama was genuinely born in the U.S., why didn't he or his campaign handlers request a copy of his birth certificate from Hawaii? Why did they post a "birth certificate" that has been analyzed and determined to be a forgery?

And btw, the forged birth certificate is still up on his site:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/invite/birthcert

Unsolved mystery about Obama's birth certificate

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rd5gm8XKv_w

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Update:

15 Answers

Relevance
  • dlk
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

They cannot find the "true, real" birth certificate............never was one, in fact many researchers can't even find that his birth was in Hawaii since there is no credible documentation.

There are many document experts that have been studying this so called document. They say it is a FAKE, and they point out all the discrepancies......it has been photo shopped to death people. Besides that, there is NO OFFICIAL SEAL.

I strongly believe ANYONE wanting to become the President of OUR COUNTRY, should be REQUIRED to furnish official paperwork that they are indeed a US Citizen, and exactly where they were born with PROOF OF BIRTH. We will be giving up this Nation if these laws and rules to the Presidency are not adhered to people.

WAKE UP

• 1 decade ago

no, sorry the "proof" you gave is wrong. Do you think for one second that if it were true every republican would not be saying it on TV?

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/has_obamas_b...

Factcheck is an independent organization which also debunked rumors that McCain was not a birth citizen

Has Obama's birth certificate been disclosed?

Is Barack Obama a "natural-born citizen"? It is hard to believe he could get this far in the electoral process and not have a sufficient answer to this question, I admit, but has his birth certificate been disclosed?

A: Yes. His campaign made a copy public after speculation by conservative bloggers that he might not be a "natural-born citizen."

We asked for and received a copy from the Obama campaign. It is too large to display full size on this page, but you may click on this link to see a copy of the document just as we received it.

It indicates Obama was born at 7:24 p.m. Aug. 4, 1961, in Honolulu. That should be no surprise, as it merely documents what Obama and his biographers have always said. But the document should put to rest groundless speculation raised on some conservative Web sites that Obama might not have been born in the U.S. and therefore might not qualify under the Constitution as a "natural-born citizen" to be president.

The speculation was not based on any evidence. Bloggers raised questions based on the absence of evidence, specifically the lack of a publicly available copy of a birth certificate and the supposed "secrecy" surrounding it. For example, the conservative World Net Daily posted a June 10 article with the headline, "Is Obama's candidacy constitutional?; Secrecy over birth certificate, demand for 'natural-born' citizenship cited." Soon after, some of our readers began asking us the same thing.

The "secrecy" ended when Tommy Vietor at the Obama campaign sent a message to us and other reporters saying, "I know there have been some rumors spreading about Obama’s citizenship, so I wanted to make sure you all had a copy of his birth certificate." A digital image was attached.

Hawaii state law forbids the release of birth or marriage certificates to anyone but the persons named in the documents or their immediate relatives. This copy carries a date stamp of "Jun 6 - 2007" (which has bled through from the reverse side), and is, therefore, probably a copy obtained by Obama himself at that time.

Incidentally, John McCain has been the subject of similar speculation based on the fact that he was born in the Panama Canal Zone. But as we explained in an earlier Ask FactCheck, he's also a U.S. citizen under laws going back to 1790, even though he wasn't born in the country

• 4 years ago

Fight The Smears

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Obama would not be the Democratic candidate if he had not proved his citizenship to the satisfaction of the people that matter. Who knows what they were doing in Hawaii in 1961?

There's also a question as to McCain's citizenship. He was born in 1936 in the Canal Zone, but the law that would make him a natural born citizen of the US since both of his parents were Americans did not pass until 1937.

We've had this discussion on here over and over. Let it be.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well for what is known and evident Obama is a U.S. Citizen, on the other hand they still can't find McCain's birth certificate. I challenge you to produce one. I guess when you don't have anything to challenge you resort to distorting facts through slander and smear.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The people claiming that the Birth Certificate is fake clearly have no credibility or credentials in birth certificate authentication.

There is a reason this is appearing on the "Fight the Smears" website. It is there because this is a SMEAR of the worst kind. As a McCain supporter, I would hope some of the smarter people would find legitimate reasons to criticize Obama - there is no shortage of them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hey everybody, look at Straight to the Point! He has single-handedly discovered that Obama is ineligible for the presidency! OMG, he is going to go down in history!

Good luck with all that, pork chop.

• Arthur
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The Hawaii Department of Health has stated it is valid.

• 1 decade ago

this is like the fourth time this particular whisper has come up on this site. Is not even worth answering

• Elle
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I honestly don't know. Obama could make this issue go away very easily by producing a REAL birth certificate. But he hasn't, so we can only assume he has something important to hide.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.