Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

I'm 34 weeks, wondering what I can do to help thinks along as far as softening my cervix and effacement.?

This is my 3rd baby. I went naturally with my first but a week late, was induce a week early with my second and only dialated to 1cm. I want to go naturally with this one but a couple weeks early would be nice. Any suggestions? I bought Evening Primrose oil but am a little nervous about using them, and have been having sex as often as we can.

Favorite Answer

play with your nipples someone said it works because it releases oxytocin. But hey, please wait until you're at least 38 weeks.

My first little lady got here at 39 weeks and my 2d lady got here at 32 weeks and now i'm a pair of days off being 34 weeks and that i wish I furnish on my due date or there abouts yet no longer in the previous I even have stuff i might desire to do first lol

Relax, you're ONLY 34 weeks. Please wait until you're full term at least! When that time comes semen is said to soften the cervix and walking may help the baby to engage more which could help with dilation. Other than that it's a crap shoot.

You could try red raspberry leaf tea. I would wait until 39 or 40 weeks to start trying that or anything else though. Your baby will come when it's ready though. I tried several different natural remedies and my baby was still a week late!

Why would you want to have your baby early??? Babies are ready to be born at 40 weeks ... not when you decide that you want the baby born. It is healthiest to let nature take its course, and the baby will come when ready.

You should at least wait untill you are full term....37 weeks. Your man's semen thin's your cervix. Also, I've heard if you have an orgazim...that thin's it out as well. Good luck!

it is 2 months to early do you want to risk your baby's health due to you being selfish? wait until 38 weeks then worry about wanting the baby out

34 weeks is to early wait till you are about 37-38 weeks and then you could have sex, walk to a short light jog please wait for your babys sake

I went early because my dr. scheduled an induction and I was so nervous it made me go a week early. lol. sorry thats not a good answer.

You are still WAY too early to want to try to speed things along. Please, just wait and let your body and baby do their thing...