Suicidal thoughts... please help?

Me and my boyfriend started going out six months ago. From the very beginning, we told each other how much we loved each other. I gave up pretty much everything I ever had (friends, school, writing) so I could spend time with him. He's all I have left.

Now he wants to break up with me. I told him how much he means to me, and that I'll probably kill myself if I don't have him. But I don't want to stay with him if he doesn't love me... please help...

Favorite Answer

Believe me, it is nothing to kill yourself over. You could just find someone better. If you like, I will be your friend and you could email me anytime. I will email you back, just don't think about killing yourself. Please.

You need help, call the suicide hot line or go to your local emergency room. There is nobody that is worth killing yourself over, if your sister or brother told you this...or anyone what would you tell them? Take your own advise, you know what is right and wrong...this is not what god would want you to do, your here to enjoy this earth. If someone makes you feel this way, perhaps you should not be in a relationship and need to step back and refocus on life. This is not something that is healthy for you, and I hope that you seek the help you need to regain insight to what life is really all about. Your here for a reason, and it's not up to you to take your life.....you may be someone down the line that is to save someone.....and without you there, a void in life exist. As you well know, we all have bad days, and the very next day sometimes we think my god, why was I so upset yesterday....thank god I feel better today. I can't believe I had those thoughts. Things will get better, and you will grow and realize relationships are not everything in this world...some of the happiest people are single.....make you wonder....LOL! I think you will look back on this situation and it will sicken you to think you even had these thoughts in your head.......There are plenty of more fish in the sea, and if this fish is not meant to be....it's just not mean't to be....if you love something you let it free...

First of all suicide is not the answer. You went about this whole relationship wrong from the beginning, you jumped in head first saying that you were in love and then you gave up everything. You never give up your life for a man because they come and go. Whether you are married or dating you need an outside support system to be there for you. Now you have shut them out and now you need them they may not be so quick to be there for you. If your boyfriend wants to move on....let him, life isnt over. There will be many others to break your heart. You learn from each relationship what not to do in the next one. Again suicide is not the answer. Take time out for you and then when you feel comfortable then date again. Good Luck

Whoa, slow down there! - You need some time to think & process the event of this break-up!...No need to kill yourself over someone that doesn't "want" you anymore. I hope he atleast had the respect to be honest with you about what HE wants out of life...And really? That's all you can ask for. - The alternative would be, for him to lie to you on a daily basis from an unloving heart. Is that the life YOU want with this fella?

I know it's hard to see past the sadness right now, but I went to a funeral yesterday for 27yr. old young man, that commited suicide, and all I could think was, his life was so short. Still so much to accomplish, and look forward to, in maybe just another year, 5 yrs., 10 yrs. down the road. - Who knows what happiness may have laid-wait around the corner?...He'll never know, and neither will his family.

Please take time for yourself. Work thru the grieving process. And find someone you can talk to. TC

• LIPPIE

You gave up all your friends, and now you are willing to give up your life, for someone that doesn't want to be with you? You must have very low self esteem to let the want of a man ruin your life. There are so many good men out there looking for a good woman, why would you settle for someone that is second rate at most. You can gain your friends, school, writing, and new men by just walking away with your head held high smiling, because you have so much to give the right person, and he wasn't the right one, or he wouldn't have treated you this way.

You need to talk to someone in 'real life'....one of your parents, a counselor at school, or somebody you trust. It seems like the end of the world right now, but give it a few months and you'll feel much better. Don't make a rash decision right now, in a little while you'll wonder why you were even so upset. This is the perfect opportunity to reconnect with your friends and hobbies. You'll probably be a lot happier now! And next time, don't set aside everything you love for a guy, guys come and go. You'll be fine and you will feel better soon. Please take care of yourself!

Don't kill yourself over a guy.

He's just a guy... you have your whole life ahead of you and I'm sure when you will meet someone who will love you very much and is perfect if you really want to.

You deserve so much better than him.

I read a quote like this somewhere, very inspirational,

"To truly achieve happiness in live, to not dwell and become dependent on people and material things, but instead, set goals for yourself and find out what you really want."

Don't you EVER think of KILLING yourself over a boy! EVer. Yes relationships mean alot and yes it is hard, I know, i've had heartbreak before, but doing something like that will never make things better. its leading yourself into a dead end, Tell him how much he means to you, but you can't make someone still like you and as much as things hurt its the truth, you sound like your still young and what seems like a big deal now will be nothing in the future. You have lots to live and tons to learn. Enjoy what you have not what your losing or what you could have had. Love life cause it loves you. And this boy let him be. if he realy loves you he will do whats right if not it will take time but you Will heal i promise you, you will have a great life

K.R.Y.

first of all i really hope you're kidding about the suicide thing. because no guys worth your life. everything happens for a reason. i mean if hes going to break up with you than God has something better for you. God will never give you something you cant handle, dont give up just because things get a little bumpy. maybe if you talked to someone, a local church pastor or something, they will always be there and its not like they're going ot tell anyone or anything. everything will be alright, i promise! if you ever want to talk im here. seriously, ever!!! try this website http://www.code2life.com/ and http://www.code2life.com/CROSS/Default.aspx

Source(s): God

If you don't want to stay with him, break up. don't kill yourself though! you need to get your friends back and if you can't try to find more, that can help you feel much better. Take up writing again and all the other things you left to the wayside, all those things could help you to get over him faster.

these things happen, it was your decision when you gave up all of those things for him i mean that is a huge comittment. Maybe try telling him all of the things you gave up for him and don't quite beg but make sure that he knows how much you still care about him. If he still continues to break up DON'T kill yourself because it will take time but you will move on...and who knows after you break up he might realize that you two were meant to be.....well i hope this helped, good luck!