I can's punch a hole with my new Fiskars Eyelet Punch Set for scrapbooking- please help - Thanks!?

I just bought the Fiskars Eyelet Punch set and I am following the directions: I am using a regular sheet of paper, placed on a craft mat. I hold the pen looking item with the hole punch side down. I hold the bottom of the piece in one hand and lift up the top piece with the other hand and then let go. I hear a loud snap, but all that is left on the paper is an indented circle, but it did not cut through the paper. Even when I pull up the top piece a bunch of times, it still doesn't punch. What am I doing wrong? Thanks so much for the help!!!

Can I return it (to AC Moore) if I already openned the packing and starting (trying to) use it?

Thanks for the help!

Favorite Answer

I had trouble with those setters too. They're not very easy to use. I agree with the other response to return them. I love the Provo Craft Silent Setter (http://store.scrapbook.com/pc-19-1035.html ) It will do the same thing as the Fiskars ones and you won't hurt yourself doing it.

I looked up their return policy. It says you can return open items if they are defective. I'd consider a hole punch that doesn't cut a hole defective.

If they don't take it back, another suggestion would be to try to punch on aluminum foil. This is a good trick for sharpening punches.

It sounds like my old set that I used to have. Those you have to pull up really hard on and you have to make sure that you're holding the pen straight up. After a while the big spring in the middle gets worn out and then they don't work at all.

I would reccomend you take it back, get your money back and spend the money on a kit that has 4 or 5 different punches and a hammer. I bought a whole kit at Hobby Lobby that has the eyelet setter, hole punches. exacto knife, hammer, small ruler, and a small mat for around

$20 - $25.

Good Luck !

• Erika

If you punch a gap within the door you're going to ought to pay for it. That's why you needed to pony up that protection deposit. Your no longer getting arrested for it. You punch a gap within the door scaring your room friends they usually name the PD good in plenty of recounted that is Domestic Violence (no you do not ought to be relationship or married to the character simply cohabiting) and you'll be able to get arrested for that. Some states require an arrest if there are indicators of violence like a gap punched in a door.