Hey! I am in the midst of writing a teen novel, but I can't seem to find the right name for my main character.

I would like a gender-neutral name for an athletic, bubbly and independant 16 year old girl. Thanks!

Update:

I'm looking for a name that is gender neutral. My main character is very athletic, optimistic, and confident. She has grown up in a house of brothers, so perhaps a cool nickname would work as well. I am tired of books with names that are over-used, and I really hope for my main character to have a unique name. Also, if you could think of a cool last name as well, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Jessica (Jess, Jessie)~ Brooklyn (Brooke)~ Delaney (Lane)~ Reese~ Alexandra (Alex)~ Casey (Case)~ Taylor~ Jensen (Jen, Jenny)~ Olivia (Ollie)~ Ashton (Ash)~ Emerson (Em, Emmy)~ Aubrey (Bree)~ Dillion (Dill)~ Avery~ Bailey~ Evan~ Fallon~ Hayden~ Aidan~ Blake (Bee)~ Caden~ Piper~ Sage~ Alexis (Lexi)~ Jaden (Jade)~ Colby (Cole)~ Shayne~ Makenzie (Ken, Kenzie)~ Leighton (pron. 'LAY-ton')~ Cooper (Coop)~ Paxton~ Riley~ Quinn~ Justice (Jay)~ Kailen (Kaley)~ Charlotte (Charlie)~ Dakota~ Harley~ Jameson (Jamie, James)~ Cadence (Cady)~ Jace (Jacey)~ Cameron (Cam, Cammy)~ Spencer (Spence)~ Keegan (Kay)~ Makenna (Kenny, Ken)~ Ryder (Ry)~ Skylar (Sky)~ Tate

Surnames:

Best~ Tyler~ Hollins~ Poole~ Adlar~ Veerland~ McBride~ Wall~ Garrett~ Young~ Dawson~ Lake~ Walsh~ Fry~ Black~ Mason~ Drake~ Bennett~ Fletcher~ Stafford~ Jones~ Crown~ Lowe~ Wolf~ Branch~ Greene~ Rhosyn~ Buckley~ Ingles~ Howard~ Adkins~ Morris~ Dashwood~ Wheeler~ Fisher~ Noland~ Stewart~ Weaver~ Collins~ Armstrong~ Meyers~ Frost~ Eckhart~ Crane~ Foster~ Good~ Van Holding~ Watson~ Dalton~ Saunders~ Clarke~ Kellen~ Powell~ Burke~ Grant~ Monroe~ Dixon~ White~ Hooper~ Bass~ Wagner~ Watts~ Hamilton~ Knox~ Craig~ Thorne~ Lang~ Hodges~

~♫εϊз♫

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

The only thing you need is your creativity and a pen (or computer). Why not, if Mozart could compose in the age of 5, why couldn't you write a novel in the age of 11! I wish you best the luck :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Janie, Cory, Kaylie, Rachel, Livia

• 1 decade ago

*whips out her handy-dandy name book that all authors should have*

The suggestions given for athletic (and are also gender neutral) are:

Bobbie

Billie (like Billie Piper!)

Jackie

Morgan

Jessie/Jesse/Jessee

Dakota

Bubbly name suggestions are (I'm actually reading off the 'funny' list):

Patty

Stevie

Georgie

And independent:

Independence (c'mon that one was a given)

Sam/Sammy/Sammi(e)

Jo/Joe

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

kenni, sam, jo, alex, frankie.

ps: ive read a million books with that same main character. hope your plot can mix it up a bit... maybe a different internal conflict than low self esteem, or not getting the guy, or popularity...

• 1 decade ago

Terry, Bo, Lucca, Morgan, Alex, Ray or Rae or Bobbie.

• 1 decade ago

Taylor

Riley

Mat(short for Matilda or something of that sort)

Quinn

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Gale

• 1 decade ago

Sam

Leslie

Ash

Up

Al (as in alice)

That is all I can think of. Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

Billie

Kennie

Payton

Riley

Regan

Drew

Danny

Madison

Dakota

Jordan

Morgan

Nicky/Nikki

Jean

Riley

Alexis

Sam

Joey

Let me know if you'd like others.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.