david asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

i think i might have an inguinal hernia?

i want to tell my parents but idk because theyre having financial problems right now so if anybody knows around how much it would cost for surgery i do have health care.....and another thing is can i do like light exercise before i get surgery or qould it affect the hernia ex. push,sit ups, dumbbells not heavy at all?

Favorite Answer

Hernia surgery is very safe nowadays. My cousin got her Hernia and colostomy surgery in India by a company called Indian Health Guru Consultants. The Price for Minimal Invasive and Laparoscopy surgery is very less in India. She paid 25% of the cost she was quoted in America.

Indian Health Guru Consultants is very famous in India. They arrange Hernia, Appendectomy, Thyroid and other laparoscopy surgery for foreigners in India.

I read a lot about them in the Newspapers and about their patient stories. They arrange financing for USA, Canadian, UK and other international patients who plan to have surgery abroad for low price, as the Hernia, Colostomy and other minimal invasive surgery is not covered by insurance. They also have photos pasted of their International patients. You can checkout their website. There are huge cost savings. As a doctor I personally believe that surgery can be easily handled in India, as the quality of healthcare available In India is simply best in the world. The surgeons are USA/UK trained and facilities are 5 star.

http://www.indianhealthguru.com/

Hope this helps.

• Edie

If you are certain you have an inguinal hernia it is best you not overdo it with lifting or exercise. Hernias can incarcerate. In other words, your intestine can become trapped in the hernia sac. If it becomes strangulated and does not receive blood it can "die" and then you are talking a much bigger surgery. Hernias are defects in the fascia, a tough film that covers the muscle. Fat, intestine, the spermatic cord, and other vital structures can push through the opening. It is best you have it repaired. You need to tell your parents. Your well being is important.

• Erika

It would be an Inguinal hernia as good as your testis that's not descended within the scrotum for the duration of the beginning! If you've gotten each the testicles within the sack, now conveniently obvious and palpable because of the sexual progress in development, that lump is a hernia often. Anyway, you've gotten to speak along with your mother and father or going on my own to the physician.

Iv had a hernia in 5th grade i was embarassed to tell my parents the insurance company should take care of it.