Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 decade ago

How to make a better life for my family...?

I I live in the projects surrouned by an environment all about drugs and prositution. All the kids do around here is smoke weed and help their parents buy drugs. Too many cuss words and its just not the life we want but we're basically stuck here forever cause we dont have much money.

i want a way out of this rut, we all do. i can see my parents are getting older and all i want is for them to be happy but how can they be? Any advice?

yah but i wish i could take everything back cause you have no idea how bad the ghetto is..i live in a small town in texas and its all about gangs and thugs, all you see is thugs walkin down the street and i know i shouldnt gravitate towards the bad things but its hard cause girls be messy up here and wanna start drama

and i know my parents arent happy cuz they talk about it everyday. i see my daddys face in the morning and it looks sad and his face expression b stayin tha way all day long

Favorite Answer

GET THE HELL OUTTA THERE...MICHAEL JACKSON LIVED IN THE GHETTO AND LOOK HOW F***ED UP HE IS.................................LMAO!!!!

Source(s): ME!!

The best thing you can do is make them proud by graduating from high school and going to college. (Don't worry about cost too much, scholarships are very very readily available for inner city public school kids. One kid from my high school got so many scholarships, grants, and aid that she was able to make a new scholarship for kids of our high school from that money alone.) As a kid, there isn't much you can do but provide hope for them that you will get out of there and make yourself a better life. When you finish college, you can buy or rent a big house and let them live with you.

I know it is hard to do well in a school that has a ton of kids like that. I have been there myself, but in the end you have to do what is best for you. Don't let the people around you bring you down with them. That is what they want. Be strong, you can do it!

I admire that you want to make the best out of a shitty situation. I can barely connect to you, since I don't live in the ghetto myself, but I still admire that you want to make your life better.

Try not to get sucked into the world of drugs and sex. When you are happy, your parents will be happy to, so even if you have to fake it in front of them, do that. Sometimes the very act of smiling can make you happier.

Think about what you want to achieve in life, and don't sell yourself short, and you go achieve those dreams. Anything can happen if you let it.

I can understand your frustration, though I can't really relate. But, remember it is not your responsibility to save your family. I admire you for wanting change, but please realize you can't change your familys' situation by yourself. If you get out of there when you grow up, that's enough. More than. Make a better life for yourself, I beg of you, but one person can only do so much. They can't depend on you to do the work for them. I know there's nothing stronger than family bonds, but if getting out of that neighborhood requires cutting some off, do it. Best of luck to you.

Be a kind, thoughtful and helpful daughter who sets her sights high and goes to college/uni and proves that people from your area can achieve - your good attitude and mature outlook tell me that you could really make a difference!

I wish you and your family the best.

just because you live in a bad part of town doesn't mean you have to subject yourself to it.

stay away from it all.

how do you know your parents aren't happy?

maybe just let them know that if they ever wanted to move you'd be ok with it.... but you can't do anything about it, your parents are the ones with the money.

finish school. the only ones that made it out of the ghetto in my family are the ones that got educated. all the rest got knocked up and are living on some sort of gov. assistance. with loser bfs.

cool i live in texas to!

wut part do u live in??

try and raise money get a job and and save up so u can get a nice apartment somewhere better.

dont let anything bring u down!

Just move to a different state like Montana with no one around for miles and just have some laid back easy living.

Quit whining you big baby. There are homeless people on the streets, consider yourself lucky. You know that there's nothing you can do so leave it at that.

Find Jesus. Pray together and develop a relationship with God through him. Go to church together. He will do work in your life when you turn your life over to Him.

Source(s): Christian