what's the best way to forget about someone?

I need to get over him. I took the big first giant step by leaving him. and i have no intention of going back.

why do i miss him if he wasn't that great. he's completely forgotten about me and found a new gf. I can't see myself with anyone else right now. so what could i possibly do to avoid thinking about him and what we used to have?

Favorite Answer

If you have to remember about your ex, remember why you left him. Remember all the pain and hurt he caused you. You may never really forget about him, but if you think off all the things he didn't do for you then it will prevent you from going back to him. Find some friends a support group too.

That must have been hard for you. But look at him, he's already forgotten you and found a new girlfriend. Do you really want to be with someone that can forget something so important, so fast? You don't have to find someone new right now, there's no rush. You could find a hobby or do something that makes you feel good about yourself. Exercising is a good way to avoid depression. Just tell yourself that you deserve better and watch as the doors of opportunity open.

I feel your pain. Same thing recently happened to me, although I was the one dumped. The best advice I can give you is to try your best not to contact him at all for at least 2 months. That way you'll both be over it before you have a chance to say anything you'll regret. If you talk to him then you're just prolonging the process of getting over him, making it harder and harder each time you talk to truly forget about him. I know this because I've made that mistake too many times.

It'll be really hard, but if you really want to get over him then you need to get rid of all the things that remind you of him. Don't listen to songs you listened to together. Delete him from your facebook or myspace, give away any gifts he might have given you, and give any pictures of the two of you to a friend to keep until you're fully over it.

Feel free to let yourself feel sad and upset, don't keep things bottled up, but definitely don't let it take over your life. Try to look on the bright side -- once things finally get better after a bad breakup, you will feel way better than you did when you were together. Yeah, it's gonna hurt because, well, we loved these people for a reason. But sometimes relationship just isn't right for whatever reason, and it's hard to see why things went wrong while you're still immersed in those feelings. But once you get over him, you'll feel so much better, and it will start to make sense.

Good luck! I truly hope it's easier for you than it was for me. :)

i have a VERY similar situation,what i have done is gone out and looked for some fun and with out intending to meeting some that are way better , so u start hanging out with them and get closer with them while the other guy u r forgetting more and more,this is what happened to me and now i hardly think of the "other" guy hope i helped

In my experience, the easiest way to get over someone is to find someone new. The problem is that if you're missing someone, you don't usually feel like being with someone new-but there comes a time when you just have to push yourself to do it.

Go out with your girlfriends...

Exercise

Read a good book

Go to the movies

In other words, CONTINUE living your life and eventually open yourself up to meeting another good man.

He has moved on...and so should you.

Just because he has a new girlfriend doesn't men he has forgotten about you...

Source(s): 20 years of dating men...

forget the bum....what you used to have wasn't that great or you wouldn't have broke up with him in the first place. People miss things that are comfortable..give yourself time things will get better.

it always helps to remember WHY you broke up. how much he hurt you. but you also don't want to keep dwelling on him or the past. keep busy with work, school, friends, family whatever. just keep going and in time you'll think of him less and less. then out of no where you'll meet someone 10 times better. good luck!

Find a hobby you like, do something you've always wanted to do, go anywhere to meet new people. to really piss him off flirt with other guys in front of him. Or, become best friends with his new gf and get her to break up with him.

Go out with someone else new relationships and time are the best cure then you'll see what a jerk he really was .wondering why you liked him in the first place. there's always someone better out there .............