Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 1 decade ago

My two 6 week old female chinchillas are sleeping in there dust bath. Should I not allow them to do this?

Favorite Answer

My 4 year old chinchilla did that (I got him about 6 months ago, but I have been researching chinchillas for about 5 years). He just like the enclosure of it, so I took out the sand and gave it to him to sleep in. Now for his sand bath he has this small clear animal cage.

• Vee

No. The dust bath should only be in the cage during bath time. Too much bathing can dry out their skin. They're also going to soil the dust, which will need to be replaced if they do. And you're going to be spending a lot of money if so. Get them a wooden hide box or an igloo. The dust bath pan or house should only be used for bathing.

Don't let them sleep in there because it could dry out their skin. Just take it out of the cage and get them something else to go into like a plastic igloo or some kind of hideaway. They should only go in the dust bath to take a bath and not to sleep in it.

This is fine try giveing them a hut because they like huts and enclosure! tAKE THE DUST BATH OUT REPLACSE IT WITH A HUT AND PUT THE BATH IN FOR 15 MINUTES 4 times a week! This is also good because they soil the dust by going to the bath room in it!

Source(s): I HAVE A chinchillA!

It is best to let them do what they like.

OR if you are getting really frustrated with it, try taking out their dust bath and see were else the want to sleep in their cage. Once they pick a spot to sleep usually they are hooked on that spot. Once they choose another spot, you can put the dust bath back and chances are they will want to stay where they all ready are. You understand? I really hope this helped!!

• ilise

A kitten that age ought to have been with mom for a minimum of yet another 2 weeks - as you spot, they do no longer seem to be reliably muddle experienced at that age. opportunities are high they're peeing in the time of your place as nicely, i'm sorry to assert. Kittens that age are like in basic terms-potty-experienced human infants - whilst they gotta flow, they gotta flow NOW and heavily isn't afflicted with searching for the muddle container, particularly if that's any distance removed from the place they're. you may desire to limit them in one room - do no longer enable them to have the run of the residing house! positioned 2 muddle packing containers in there for them. whilst they poop exterior the container, positioned the poop and the kitten interior the container. you're have been given to end the education that mom could have carried out. it is going to be yet another 2 weeks or so until they're utilising the container consistently. At that factor, you would be maximum secure to have a pair packing containers in the time of your place. you may do away with them one via one through fact the kittens mature and varnish their muddle container skills.