Are there loyalty really to the United States and to the American people?

With US politican holding dual israeli/american citizenship, can we trust their 100% loyalty to the US and to the people's interest. I

Attorney General - Michael Mukasey

Head of Homeland Security - Michael Chertoff

Chairman Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board - Richard Perle

Deputy Defense Secretary (Former) - Paul Wolfowitz

Under Secretary of Defense - Douglas Feith

National Security Council Advisor - Elliott Abrams

Vice President Dick Cheney’s Chief of Staff (Former) - “Scooter” Libby

White House Deputy Chief of Staff - Joshua Bolten

Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs - Marc Grossman

Director of Policy Planning at the State Department - Richard Haass

U.S. Trade Representative (Cabinet-level Position) - Robert Zoellick

Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board - James Schlesinger

UN Representative (Former) - John Bolton

Under Secretary for Arms Control - David Wurmser

Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board - Eliot Cohen

Senior Advisor to the President - Steve Goldsmith

Principal Deputy Assist

Update:

One wonders why these people want war with other countries....Are these wars in our interests? How do we measure their loyalty to the US?

Update 2:

People should take the time to search

Update 3:

People should take the time to search instead of questioning patriotism

Update 4:

I don’t think it’s anti-semitic to say that a person has Israeli citizenship. Does that seem anti-semitic to you? Is there something wrong with having Israeli citizenship? I thought merely that it was interesting. If you think it’s not, that’s fine. But please don’t start slinging “anti-semitic” about—it makes you look insane.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Only in the u.s. would this be allowed, of course their loyalty is in doubt, pretty well all of them are lobbyists for Israel but is this surprising ? since Israel is one of the largest contributers to the republican party. Us law permits dual citizenship but does not encourage it for reasons which should be obvious even to the likes of George Bush. Had these men been elected instead of appointed their citizenship would have likely become an issue. You cannot have your feet in two camps and claim to be truly loyal to either.

• 1 decade ago

It's often said that the neo-cons pursue a policy that's in the Israeli interest, at the expense of U.S. national interests.

It's worth noting that the neo-cons pushed at the Clinton administration as well, to the point that Clinton advocated regime change since early 1998. But clearly, the neo-cons had their greatest influence in the W. Bush administration.

Sometimes Israeli interests are the same as those of the U.S.

But all too often, it has been against our best interests, and has given the U.S. blowback for things we should have stayed out of.

I think dual-citizenship should be eliminated. You can only have loyalty to one country. And if these guys want citizenship in another nation beyond their U.S. citizenship, it is clear where their first loyalty is.

a sourced list of dual-citizenship officials:

http://www.viewzone.com/dualcitizen.html

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They should have removed from office IMMEDIATELY because of dual citizenship (conflict of interest) and not allowed to hold any public office. No, their loyalty to the US has been tarnished by this. But since most Americans think that anyone in the government is untouchable like a king, they won't be removed.

• Shane
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I know that Chertoff is a dual citizen, but I'm not sure about the others. You should show a link to prove your point. If you are correct, then that is a terrible thing for so many high-ranking officials to have dual citizenship, because it means that they have dual loyalty. It doesn't make much sense for Bush to have so many Jews in his administration, because Jews vote overwhelmingly for liberals.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, these are business men. They've spent their whole lives chasing the dollar. What makes you think they suddenly care about the well being of others? These people value money over life and that is very well documented.

• JW.C
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Would you feel better if their dual citizenship was with Mexico? I mean come on!

Just because there are a few people in government with dual citizenship doesn't mean a darn thing. I mean just think about how many government employees there are!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think the real problem for you is that many of these guys are Jewish, isn't it. These people don't have dual citizenship. That's just silly. But you have issues of hate. And that is not silly.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Since when do these people have dual citizenships? Are you just anti-semantic?

Where is your source?

Edit: You are wrong, you ASKED the question, so it is up to YOU to provide a source. If you refuse, than you are lying about dual citizenship.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It always was like this but voters are blind to some of their

own interests, and stooges to other's

• 1 decade ago

Of course not. Why are we paying taxes to Israel?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.