promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous

Why are some Nuyoricans or native Puerto Ricans in New York are so lazy and ignorent?

I'm Cuban,I have nothing against Puerto Ricans,many of them are my friends,but I can't stand how some of them think they are better than all other Latinos that live in America,simply because they are Puerto Rican and are U.S. citizens.

For starters,most of the Puerto Ricans in America live in New York City and other places in the eastern sea board,and half of them don't work and are on welfare,especially in the Bronx.These particular Puerto Ricans,preferably in New York City are known as Nuyoricans.A Nuyorican is usually

a second or third generation Puerto Rican born in New York City.Most of them either can't speak Spanish or speak it terribly.

Except the time when I went to the lower east side in Manhattan,and east Harlem,I saw so many enclaves,and culture that was very rich/blended in with some African American culture too,along with the ones in Brooklyn in Bushwick section.Many Nuyoricans in the Bronx are slobs.Ricans want their land back,but don't want to pay taxes wtf is that?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • .*.
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Here's proof: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E0...

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761585657/hisp...

***This doesn't apply to every single PR now, i will never discredit anyone that is responsible & hard-working!***

Source(s): Thanks for the thumbs down, it's not like i made this up, geezzz.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

huh? I understood very little of this. You could say those things about anyone and still be...well wrong. There are lazy and unmotivated people who take advantage of the system in every race, why single out Puerto Ricans who live in NY?

They think they're better than other Latinos? That's the kind of national pride I see with many other Latinos...especially Dominicans, just the way it works, everyone thinks their country is better for whatever reason. I know many Puerto Ricans that can speak Spanish every well (typing next to one as we speak) but language can get lost among anyone...I know a Panamanian who's parents didn't teach her Spanish...this isn't an exclusive trait. If anything it's because PRicans have been here (NY) alot longer than say Mexicans, Dominicans and this may even be a testament to the fact that many bother to learn the language of the place they live!

I think your experience has been quite limited, check out the whole city and other cultures and you'll see that people really aren't that different. What are you talking about with land?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

First of all, i'm from the bronx. so F*CK YOU. And learn to spell IGNORANT you've been in this country for 14 years, which is most of your life. So if you're gonna characterise an entire group of people make sure you at least spell the insults right.

Secondly, most people who are on welfare ACTUALLY NEED IT. So stop hatin cuz its not a good look. Yes, some people are cheatin the system. But MOST people who are on welfare dont wanna BE on welfare. There are many people on welfare in general in the bronx because its the poorest borough of New york. So i really dunno what point you're tryin to make.

Trust me, i've been to miami and there's just as many broke-@ss lazy cubans as there are broke lazy nuyoricans.

And thridly, why should people livin in puerto rico have to pay taxes? the government doesnt DO anythin for them except use their land as a place to test out their bombs, and they NEVER ASKED TO BE PART OF AMERICA IN THE FIRST PLACE!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Alot of us white people commit crimes as well. Is just that we can cover it up and fix statics so It look like hispanics and blacks are the major problem. We steal, commit crime at alarming rates just like hispanics and blacks. The only thing is alot of us have money and can get bail out if we are put in jail. Or know someone who can give us a good lawyer. By knowing someone that will help you get anything want in life. Like jobs and etc. I get jobs all the time and I don't have to work hard or anything. We are just more privilege

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Most puerto ricans that are like that been brainwashed by poor white trash that dont give a damn about no one except making someone lose their indenity. Lexdiamo that is so true

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yeah, i know exactly the type you are talking about but i've also met some very classy puerto ricans. heck, even the italians in nyc are disgusting trash that act like thugs. i don't get why they all act like that, but it certainly isn't just one group.

edit: people like LexDiamonds are just straight up trash. all they do is complain about everything. only about 2% of people in PR support independence, but it's like 80% of PRs that live mainland. What a joke. I'm sick of seeing these idiots trying to be all patriotic and writing free PR graffitti all over spanish harlem. get a life losers! you don't represent puerto rico!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i know exactly what u mean. i live in ny n im puerto rican. sumtimes i see a stupidass guy like u decribed n i just wanna punch them in the face n tell them to stop being so annoying.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

ohh, your generalizing like crazy. Just because you've seen some like that doesn't meant their all like that. Its the individual.

Source(s): I have PR in me.
  • 1 decade ago

Those aren't Puerto Ricans....

Those are poor P.R. immigrants that intermarried with African-Americans.

I've been to P.R. and NYC and believe me the ones on the island are not like that at all.

• Mulata
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Boricua! womp womp

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.