Obama and taxes..?

Barack Obama will raise taxes on families making $250,000 or more anually, and cut taxes for those falling under $250,000 anually. This means 2% of the population will see tax increases under Obama. The median household income is about $53,000. Technically, this means 98% of Americans would benefit... show more Barack Obama will raise taxes on families making $250,000 or more anually, and cut taxes for those falling under $250,000 anually.

This means 2% of the population will see tax increases under Obama.

The median household income is about $53,000.

Technically, this means 98% of Americans would benefit doesn't it?

A 2004 study by the Congressional Budget Office found a full third of Bush's controversial 2001 and 2003 tax cuts went to the top 1 percent of earners. McCain wants to extend the Bush tax cuts, as well as slash corporate tax.

His tax cuts would cost the federal budget as much as $4 trillion from 2009 through the end of 2018, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center. Bush's cuts would cost only $1.6 trillion if extended to cover the same ten-year period.

So I can see if you are rich and supported Bush's tax cuts you would support McCain's. But what about you average income conservatives?

McCain saves you around $319 a year. Obama saves you $1,042.
Update: (based on an income of $66,000 anually)
Update 2: (based on an income of $66,000 anually)
Update 3: Sorry, question got lost in the middle somewhere. Here it is:

How is helping 98% of Americans a bad thing? unless you fall into that top 2%, shouldn't you support this?
Update 4: Oh I'm not democrat, just confused. It seems EVERY person has a completely different idea on how the economy is run, and how it will work. Is there really that much room in economics for free interpretation? EVERYONE tells me something different about the economy...how can this be?
Update 5: Wayne O, yes they might give money to help the poor, but only a fraction of actual poor people will see it. fundraisers and organizations have costs as well. I certainly haven't seen a dime of any charity money, and I'm legally below the poverty line.
Update 6: Wayne O: A nice, yet terribly innacurate, depiction of my life. Thanks for your kindness and understanding.