Who on R&S bring up the subject of the Virgin Mary more, Catholics or Protestants?

Do Protestants bring up the subject of the Virgin Mary more as a way of criticizing and attacking Catholic beliefs and practices or do Catholics bring up the subject of the Virgin Mary more out of praise and devotion?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Protestants for sure.

Always attacking Catholics on 'worshiping' Mary. I think they must have never been to a Catholic service or they wouldn't be so confused.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Martin Luther also believed in Christ's presence in the Eucharist as well as in the Sacrament of Confession. He is given a lot more credit than he is due. All he did was plant the seed. He did not do much except translate the Bible into German, Sola Scriptura and Sola Feda. Other than that, he was a good Catholic. He did not want to leave the Church, he was planning to change it from the inside, but to to nationalism and other circumstances, he had to leave the Church.

• 1 decade ago

I think it is the Anti-Catholics (not necessarily Protestants) who bring up Mary more.

• 1 decade ago

I'm a Protestant who thinks we should pay much more attention to the Virgin than we do in Protestant churches. We could learn something from our Catholic brothers and sisters.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Definitely the non-Catholic Christians, hands down. Just do a search.

Believe me, I'm not a fan of Catholicism. But I at LEAST know that they don't worship Mary, or statues for that matter. The Hail Mary says "pray for us", not "we pray to you".

• 1 decade ago

well the prots certainly wouldn't bring Her up out of reverence and devotion, cause that would make them....catholic...(i take a genuine exception to Mr. wisdom)...

• 1 decade ago

Anti Catholics, which mostly are Protestant born again fundies

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My vote goes to the atheist. They love to bring her up to make a joke of the virgin birth.

• 1 decade ago

Protestant who are anti-Catholic do, by far!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It certainly isn't the Agnostics.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.