Anonymous

What the f*ck is a Chav?

I keep hearing things like "There are chavs in my school."

It better not be as annoying like this 'emo' thing going around.

• Favorite Answer

Urban Dictionary.. Gives a load of pretty good definations.

Basically though.

There the scum of earth.

And if your American? The word originated in the UK.

Heres one of the definitions:

Picture this a young lad about 12 years of age and 4 ½ feet high baseball cap at ninety degrees in a imitation addidas tracksuit, with trouser legs tucked into his socks (of course, is definitely the height of fashion). This lad is strutting around, fag in one hand jewellery al over the over, outside McDonalds acting as if he is 8 foot tall and built like a rugby player, when some poor unsuspecting adult (about 17/18) walks round the corner wanting to go to mcdonalds for his dinner glances at the young lad, the young lad jumps up in complete disgust and says “Whats your problem? Wanna make sommin of it? Bling Bling” when the adult starts to walk towards the young lad, the young lad pisses himself and runs off to either his pregnant 14-year-old girlfriend or his brother in the army crying his eyes out.

And I must say.. So True!

Source(s): www.urbandictionary.com

Chav is an English term (in Scotland its Ned) for a person that I would classify in America as a townie. A person who hangs around downtown around Mcdonald's doing nothing, wearing lots of cheap jewelry, and basically kind of trailer trash. That's really the only way I can describe it to someone who has never been to England and has seen/heard about it... sorry if I offend, but that's what it is! I didn't start it!

Check out this song, its hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo2A_YXarUM

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Ever seen Little Britain? Vicky Pollard is a prime stereotype of a chav.

Common british child prone to rude outbursts, disruptive behaviour and fashion slavery.

A cruel way of putting it is this: CHAV - Council Housing And Violent

They often wear trackies, burberry and love Playboy, 'Bling' RnB and rapping, getting wasted all the time and smoking.

Oh, and they're like the ring leaders of the boy racers in Britain.

There are differant types of chav but generally they smoke cheep drugs, were a lot of fred perry and are never seen without their Burhauses on. They heckle old people and are gennerally annoying.

Chav is a short term for Chauvinist.

A chauvinist is a person who thinks their gender is better than the oppsite gender. For example, some men think their better than women just because they're men.

the US equivalent of a chav would be what we call wiggers.

you've come out proper back i develop my arm to you too may you favor to visit boots with me shall we bypass jointly attempt the perfumes and so on then if each and every thing works out shall we use come jointly

England's version of wiggers.

they r scum who live in the uk.

they like dance music with skin heads and gold jewellary and wear fred perry and sports wear and generally look like tramps.

lauren gives good definition.