Will the 100% mortgage make a return again ?

In the past it was easy and relatively cheap to get a 100% mortgage, will it be so again ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • SDD
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Sure. It's just a matter of risk management. At a high enough rate of return, it pays the lender to take on riskier loans. Right now hardly anybody is trying to do that, but market conditions change all the time. How much of a premium it will command is hard to say.

• 1 decade ago

I think we will have a gap of quite a few years again before any of the big lenders offer an easy 100% mortgage, there were a lot of people who got stung by them. There are five companies still offering a 100% mortgage but its not easy to get.

• Steve
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Yes the 100% will return again.

No, it will not be relatively cheap again.

• 1 decade ago

Oh sure. It was bad in the 80's (not as bad as now) and everyone thought surely the lenders had learned the lesson back then, but a couple of decades later they were back to where they were and even worse.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes in another 14 years when the banks have healed their balance sheet and forgotten about all the bad loans they have made.

• As long as people are ignorant enough to want them, they will keep returning. If you can't pay the minimal down payment on a home, you can't afford to own a home...simple as that. Many people stray from that common sense ideology....so I'd give it a few years, and they'll be back. Getting themselves in over their heads as materialistic people always do when they want something for nothing. G'luck to them all.

• staves
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

in case you have a financial enterprise account, you may seek for advice from with somebody from the financial enterprise on what variety of reductions account may well be maximum suitable to your investment targets. i'm interior the comparable boat as you extra money extra costs

• 1 decade ago

Of course they will. Memories fade and people will jump on that bandwagon again. I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for it to happen though.

• 1 decade ago

only if the government can make a few quid or it forfills a human rights target or something else equally shoddy

• 1 decade ago

yes I think so ..the mortgage companies need it .more than we do .......give them year it will be back

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.