what's a good side dish to go with fettuccine alfredo?

I'm making fettuccine alfredo with roasted garlic bread. What's a good side dish?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If it was fall or winter, I'd say broccoli or peas, but in summer I'm going with a nice Italian salad.

• 4 years ago

Well since you are already adding shrimp ((((add plenty of shrimp, you might want to grill it chilis makes an awesome alfredo shrimp pasta but they grill their shrimp with like a garlic seasoning)))) and this is a real fatty dish, i suggest either a garden salad or just some garlic bread and a dessert... there really aren't anysides that go with it

• 1 decade ago

Roasted Asparagus with Lemon

A wonderful sign of spring, asparagus is at its best between March and May. Choose spears with bright green stalks and purple-tinted tips. If you do not plan to cook the asparagus immediately, stand the spears upright in a pan filled with 1 inch of water and refrigerate.

2 lb. asparagus

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

2 garlic cloves, minced

Zest of 1 lemon

Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges

Position a rack in the upper third of an oven and preheat to 450°F.

Snap off the tough stem ends from the asparagus spears and discard. Arrange the spears on a baking sheet.

In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic and lemon zest. Brush the asparagus evenly with the oil, turning the spears to coat well, and season generously with salt and pepper. Arrange the lemon wedges around the asparagus.

Bake until the asparagus is tender and just turning golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the asparagus to a warmed serving platter and drizzle with the pan juices. Serves 8.

--Williams-Sonoma

----------------------------

Green Beans with Tomato & Garlic

2 lb(s) Fresh green beans, cleaned with ends removed

1 cup(s) Tomatoes, seeds removed and finely diced

4 clove(s) Garlic, finely chopped

¼ cup Olive Oil

Salt and Pepper to taste

Procedures

Bring pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch green beans for 1 minute. Drain and cool under cool running water.

In a saute pan, heat olive oil and mix in garlic. Cook for 1 minute and add green beans. Cook green beans with garlic for 1 minute.

Add in diced tomatoes to green bean mixture. Cook for 1 minute or until green beans are tender but still green.

Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.

--Olive Garden website

• Mary J
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I would vote for steamed broccoli or roasted asparagus (cut/snap ends off asparagus and lay in a single layer on baking pan; drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper; put in 450-degree oven for 20 minutes).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Spring salad with dried cherries & toasted almonds. The freshness of this salad is a great compliment to an alfredo.

http://www.cooking-is-easy-and-fun.com/spring-sala...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I like some sort of vegetables like broccoli or something like that. It tastes good, its good for you and you can mix it into your alfredo for a little different taste. ^^

Source(s): myself
  • 1 decade ago

I do steamed broccoli or a simple side salad

• 1 decade ago

brocolli, brocolli and carrots, cauliflower, salad, marinated tomatoes in italian dressing.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

fruit salad

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

broccoli or peas

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.