How many of you believe that Jesus Christ was actually God in human flesh?

Favorite Answer

Bible verses that show Jesus is God

Following are verses used to show that Jesus is God in flesh. The scriptures used here are from the New American Standard Bible. The links to the verses are to the King James Version of the Bible here on CARM.

John 1:1 - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

John 1:14 - "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."

John 5:18 - "For this cause therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God."

John 8:24 - "I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins."

Note: In the Greek, "He" is not there.

John 8:58 - "Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.'"

Exodus 3:14 - "And God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM'; and He said, Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’"

John 10:30-33 - "I and the Father are one." 31The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" 33The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God."

John 20:28 - "Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Col. 2:9 - "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form."

Phil. 2:5-8 - "Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, 11and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Heb. 1:8 - "But of the Son He says, "Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom."

Quoted from Psalm 45:6, "Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever; a scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Thy kingdom."

Jesus is worshipped - Jesus said to worship God only, yet He receives worship.

Matt. 4:10 - "Then Jesus *said to him, 'Begone, Satan! For it is written, "You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only."’"

Matt. 2:2 - "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east, and have come to worship Him."

Matt. 2:11 - "And they came into the house and saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell down and worshiped Him; and opening their treasures they presented to Him gifts of gold and frankincense and myrrh."

Matt. 14:33 - "And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, "You are certainly God’s Son!"

Matt. 28:9 - "And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him."

John 9:35-38 - "Jesus heard that they had put him out; and finding him, He said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?" 36He answered and said, "And who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?" 37Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him, and He is the one who is talking with you." 38 And he said, "Lord, I believe." And he worshiped Him."

Heb. 1:6 - "And when He again brings the first-born into the world, He says, 'And let all the angels of God worship Him.'"

Jesus is prayed to

Acts 7:55-60 - "But being full of the Holy Spirit, he gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; 56 and he said, "Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God." 57But they cried out with a loud voice, and covered their ears, and they rushed upon him with one impulse. 58And when they had driven him out of the city, they began stoning him, and the witnesses laid aside their robes at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59And they went on stoning Stephen as he called upon the Lord and said, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!" 60And falling on his knees, he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them!" And having said this, he fell asleep."

1 Cor. 1:1-2 - "Paul, called as an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, 2to the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours." (The phrase, "to call upon the name of the Lord" is a phrase used to designate prayer.)

1 Kings 18:24 - "Then you call on the name of your god, and I will call on the name of the Lord, and the God who answers by fire, He is God." And all the people answered and said, "That is a good idea."

Zech. 13:9 - "And I will bring the third part through the fire, refine them as silver is refined, and test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are My people,’ and they will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’"

Rom. 10:13-14 - "for 'whoever will call upon the name of the Lord' will be saved." 14 How then shall they call upon Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him whom they have not heard?" (Paul is speaking of calling upon Jesus. (The phrase "Call upon the name of the Lord" is a quote from Joel 2:32).

Joel 2:32 - "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call." (LORD here is YHWH, the name of God as revealed in Exodus 3:14. Therefore, this quote, dealing with God Himself is attributed to Jesus.)

First and Last

Isaiah 44:6 - "Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: ‘I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God besides Me."

Rev. 1:17 - "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, 18and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades."

It saddens me to see so many delusional psychotics.

Belief in something that clearly does not exist along with claims of having a "personal relationship with this invisible friend" is called crazy under every definition except "religion".

That should tell you about all you need to know.

Edit: and "hello" sorry but less than 2 Billion out of almost 7 Billion does not make "most of the worlds population" in fact that means that at least 5 Billion do NOT believe in your mythical sun god.

I do. The word of God reveals that he was in the following Scriptures: Isaiah 9:6, Micah 5:2, John 1:1 & 14, etc.

Every Christian believes it and knows it. No one, except God in flesh can do what Jesus did.

Jesus is the Son of God. How could a son be the same as his father? God's Word is simple and clear.

Jesus himself said:

"The Father is greater than I am" (Jn 14:28)

After Jesus was resurrected to heaven and has sat at the right hand of the Father, apostle Paul was inspired to attest to the truth:

"But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn THE HEAD OF CHRIST IS GOD". (1Cor 11:3)

Source(s): The Holy Bible

Jesus is the Son of God!

There are three persons in one God

God the Father

God the Son

God the Holy Spirit

This is known as the Holy Trinity

No. It's pretty clear that that part of the story was invented later. There were still Christians who believed that Jesus was an unusually righteous human in the fourth century.

"If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him. Phillip said, 'Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.' Jesus answered, 'Don't you know me, Phillip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'show us the Father'? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves." (John 14:7-11).

"He who hates me hates my Father as well" (John 15:23)

The Father (God) and Jesus (Son of God) are both the same One God, but Two distinct persons. This is the mystery of the doctrine of the Trinity. The Scriptures never use the word 'Trinity', yet the idea can be found throughout the Scriptures. The first example can be found in the begining of the book of Genesis.

The Hebrew word for God in Genesis, 'elohiym (pronounced el-o-heem)', is in the plural of the Hebrew word 'eloahh (pronounced el-o'-ah)', which means God or Deity (Strong, 2001: p. 17-18 (Hebrew & Aramaic Dictionary).

"Then GOD said, 'Let US make man in OUR image, in OUR likeness...So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them" (Genesis 1:26d, 27 - Upper Case Mine).

One God in Three distinct persons.

Going back to my first example about Jesus (Son of God) being the same as the Father (God), the mystery can be found in many passages of the prophets - especially Isaiah.

Speaking of the Savior (Messiah- Hebrew; Christ - Greek):

"You are my witnesses, ' declares the Lord, 'and MY SERVANT whom I have chosen, so that you may know and understand that I AM HE. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed - I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,' declares the Lord, 'that I AM God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he" (Isaiah 43:10-13b - Uppercase Mine).

The servant and God are two distinct individuals, yet they are the same One God.

This idea of God's eternal being (from ancient days - "I Am") can be found when God spoke to Moses from the burning bush:

"God said to Moses, I AM who I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you" (Exodus 3:14 - Uppercase Mine).

Jesus referenced this passage of Scripture and claiming himself to be God, which is why the unbelieving Jews accused him with blasphemy. The unbelieving Jews were going to stone him because of Leviticus 24:16: "anyone who blasphemes the name of the Lord must be put to death. The entire assembly MUST STONE HIM. whether an alien or native born, when he blasphemes the Name, he must be put to death" (Uppercase Mine).

Here is the passage in question:

"I tell you the truth, ' Jesus answered, 'before Abraham was born, I AM!' At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds" (John 8:28-29 - Uppercase Mine).

Yes, Jesus claimed to be God / Deity.

The answer to your question:

Yes, I believe that Jesus Christ was actually God in human flesh. History proves that Jesus was an actual person, and extra-biblical sources attest to the fact of his miracles (many of these writers that strongly opposed Jesus (mind already made up) incorrectly attribute the miracles to demons).

Now, "Who do you say that Jesus is?"

Source(s): 1. Strong, J. (2001). The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible: Red-Letter Edition). Hebrew and Aramaic Dictionary. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers. 2. The Holy Bible: New International Version. (1984). Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan. 3. Reading Suggestions: A. I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist (Norman Geisler and Frank Turek). B. Jesus Among Other Gods (Ravi Zacharias). C. Evidence For Christianity (Josh McDowell)

I DO!

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

I believe he's a fictional super hero created by the church based on a bunch of ancient metaphors about the sun.

i do! over 2 billion other people do and most of the world's population too cause Christianity is the largest religion