Why are Republicans so against Obama taking away the tax cuts for the $250,000 and above demographic?

I mean seriously....if your not rich, then why are you so concerned about their well being? Your definitely not concerned about the poor...you guys have made it painfully obvious to everyone. Yet you guys totally freak out when any public policy is implemented against the very demographic that owns 90% of the... show more I mean seriously....if your not rich, then why are you so concerned about their well being? Your definitely not concerned about the poor...you guys have made it painfully obvious to everyone. Yet you guys totally freak out when any public policy is implemented against the very demographic that owns 90% of the wealth in this country.

We know that the average Republican voters is lower middle class, so why do you guys continue to vote against your own interests?? The rich are using you guys like the tools you are.
Update: Obama made is obviously clear that he will not raise taxes on those making less than $250,000. If only you would listen to him instead of depending on Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh to tell you. They will obviously lie to you!
Update 2: Actually, the middle class and poor are losing grounds to the rich in this country. The rich have grown richer and the poor and middle class have grown poorer. Why in the world would we give 1 trillion dollar tax break to those getting richer and give peanuts to the rest?????? Is that really logical? So how is... show more Actually, the middle class and poor are losing grounds to the rich in this country. The rich have grown richer and the poor and middle class have grown poorer.

Why in the world would we give 1 trillion dollar tax break to those getting richer and give peanuts to the rest?????? Is that really logical? So how is it logical to NOT take these tax cuts from the rich and give them to the rest of Americans???

Especially considering the poor spend every cent they have out of necessity, therefore helping the economy while the rich store all the money so they can flaunt it to others.

It's very simple logic, yet republicans always miss the mark on this one.
Update 3: You give tax breaks to people who need it! Why give tax cuts to those who are getting richer already??? WE CANT AFFORD IT! America is 13 trillion dollars in government debt! We can't afford to give 1 trillion dollar tax cuts to the growing wealthy in this country! It's not about punishing the rich,... show more You give tax breaks to people who need it!

Why give tax cuts to those who are getting richer already???

WE CANT AFFORD IT! America is 13 trillion dollars in government debt! We can't afford to give 1 trillion dollar tax cuts to the growing wealthy in this country!

It's not about punishing the rich, it's about doign what is most logical and affordable!

And answer me this...

If the trickle down theory actually worked, then why do the poor and middle class continue to lose economic ground to the rich in this country????
Update 4: "First of all, your premise is wrong. Republicans are so against Obama raising taxes on anyone making over $102k and above." Dude, you gave me a link to his social security page and I can't find where it says 102k anywhere. Can you please give me a reliable source on this premise, because... show more "First of all, your premise is wrong. Republicans are so against Obama raising taxes on anyone making over $102k and above."

Dude, you gave me a link to his social security page and I can't find where it says 102k anywhere.

Can you please give me a reliable source on this premise, because Factcheck.com says otherwise...

He has said he would pay for much of his plan "by allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire for people making more than $250,000 per year, as they are scheduled to do."

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/would_obama_tax_my_profits_if_i.html
Update 5: Why do people keep saying the rich people will raise prices??? Hey guess what, after the 1 trillion dollar tax cuts....we still have less buying power than before!! What do you have to say about that??? When you neglect the middle class, you neglect America. Very simple. The whole reason for Americas standard... show more Why do people keep saying the rich people will raise prices???

Hey guess what, after the 1 trillion dollar tax cuts....we still have less buying power than before!! What do you have to say about that???

When you neglect the middle class, you neglect America. Very simple. The whole reason for Americas standard of living is the support of the middle class....not the rich!

The rich horde money, they don't spend it like average people do.

You understand how being rich works? You don't actually spend the money, you flaunt it! It's a contest to these people. They lay of millions of American workers, then they make huge profits on their stocks as a result and then they put it in a bank and repeat the proccess. Meanwhile these unemployed workers have no income source, therefore cannot contribute to the economy. So you tell me, which one is hurting the economy more? Please use your logic, not the same old talking points coming from the right wing media.
14 answers 14