Should I Pay Off My Auto Loan or Credit Card Debt First?

I have $4000 cash right now that I want to pay off some of my debts but I am not sure if I should pay off my car loan or credit card debt first. The balance for the credit card is $6000 ( 8.99% APR for $4000, and 0% APR for $2000) However, for any amount that I pay toward to the account will pay for the 0%... show more I have $4000 cash right now that I want to pay off some of my debts but I am not sure if I should pay off my car loan or credit card debt first.

The balance for the credit card is $6000 ( 8.99% APR for $4000, and 0% APR for $2000) However, for any amount that I pay toward to the account will pay for the 0% APR balance first)

My Auto Loan's balance is $2800. (APR: 3.99%) Because I haven't paid the auto loan off, I have to get a full coverage insurance, which is $178.00 a month. If I paid off the loan, I don't have to a get full coverage, and I can save about $90.00/month.

Which option is better for the long term? and which option would help me increase my credit score?

I appreciate your advice.

Thanks!
1 answer 1