What baby vaccines are considered "dangerous" and why?

Okay, I'm totally freaked and didn't know you were "allowed" to not have your kid vaccinated. Do you know which vaccines are considered dangerous and if so why? And, our little girl is 9 months old and has already had 3 sessions of shots for DTP, HiB, Polio, Hep B, PCV, and RV. Any info anyone knows is great. Thank you!

Favorite Answer

There are many toxins in all vaccines.

The one most people are concerned about is the MMR (usually given between 12-15 months) It may be connected to Autism somehow.

But all vaccines have ingredients in them, you'd never want to give your child otherwise. Aluminum, Formaldahyde, Aborted Fetus Cells, Monkey Cell, Paint thinner.. .The list goes on and on...

You do not HAVE to give your child any vaccines. They are supposedly "required" to enter school/daycare, but you can sign a waiver (very easy to do actually!) to enter public schools. Private schools can deny your child entrance. That's it. Doctors/Insurance/CPS cannot make you vaccinate.

I did a lot of research, and if you read the statistics.. Serious side effects occur more often because of vaccines, than serious effects these diseases...

Good Luck with your research! ~

• imig

Dangers Of Vaccines For Babies

I want to know why everyone is so afraid if my one child is not vaccinated, that she is harming the lives of the vaccinated children? If you believe vaccinations fully protect your child, then if my child did get one of those "horrible"(non-existent) diseases, then your child is already "protected" by that wonderful vaccine you already got him/her!!!!

Plus, if you actually thought about it at all, you would realize that the majority of adults in this country are not vaccinated! FYI just because you are vaccinated as children, doesn't give you life long immunity to these diseases. So unless you have been updated with boosters, you yourself are not protected and are harming the life of your own child!! And I can guarantee you over half the people living on your block, half of your family and friends, half of the adults at the park ARE NOT updated!!

I don't know for sure whether vaccinating/not vaccinating is the right way to go. All the research on both sides has me wondering and unsure. But people writing on here, "my child" has been vaccinated and she/he is fine, well your ONE child doesn't show proof for the entire country!!! Sorry that doesn't make me feel better that your ONE child didn't have any side effects from vaccines.

My daughter does have almost all her vaccines, minus the MMR and Chicken Pox vaccine. I am unsure whether or not I will be getting her those 2 or not, and am very unsure whether my children in the future will have any vaccinations.....

Here are some of the dangers:

Sometimes a receiver of a vaccination can actually get the sickness they are trying to protect themselves from. Some scientists believe this is how polio is making a comeback.

A certain percentage of vaccine recipients actually get sick and (or) die. The companies that are making the vaccinations enjoy government protection from lawsuits. Parents of sick children receive a token payoff from the industry.

Many of the vaccine preservatives are highly toxic. formaldehyde, and glycerin are commonly used. Both are terrible to inject into your infant. They can cause cancer, asthma, and brain and reproductive harm.

The evidence that vaccinations even work is now under scrutiny. The fact that major deceases went on the decline after the introduction of vaccinations has been considered proof enough. Others credit the rise of proper nutrition, medicine, sewage treatment and plumbing standards as a reason for the decline, and suggest vaccines are minor factor at best.

Ethyl Mercury was recently banned as a preservative in vaccines because of the fear that it may be causing autism in children. Mercury is terribly toxic.

There is a lot more to the story, and I suggest you do a yahoo search

It is scary - I know! I have done lots of research myself. It’s not really a question of whether or not to give vaccines but rather how the vaccines are given. 6 vaccines at once in a little babies not fully developed system is a lot!! The big one is the mmr typically given around 1 yr and because signs of autism may appear at around the same time this is the big one most are concerned with. My pediatrician told me about Dr Bob’s (Sears) Alternate Vaccine Schedule. It ensures that all vaccines are given but it spreads them out as to not shock the system so much. I want what is best for my 7 month old and this schedule by far makes me feel I’m doing just that.

Here is what Dr Bob says about his vaccine schedule:

"The main difference in my suggested alternative vaccine schedule is it spreads the infant vaccines out over the first few years of life, instead of bunching them all up in the first 18 months. It gives fewer vaccines at a time, gives the most important vaccines first, and slightly delays the less important vaccines. But ultimately the end result is the same - a fully vaccinated child. What are the benefits of my alternative schedule compared to the standard one?

·By only giving two vaccines at a time (instead of as many as 6), I decrease the chance of chemical overload from grouping so many vaccines chemicals all together at once. This allows a baby's body to better detoxify the chemicals one or two at a time.

·I give only one live-virus vaccine component at a time to allow the body's immune system to better handle the live viruses in these vaccines.

·Giving fewer shots at a time may decrease the side effects, in my experience.

·Giving fewer shots at a time also makes it easier to figure out which vaccine a child is reacting to if a severe reaction occurs.

·The measles component of the MMR vaccine can be delayed until age 3 years or later. Next to the mercury worry, this live virus vaccine (given at age 1) has come under the most fire. Because autism seems to occur or become most apparent between age 1 and 3 years, my vaccine schedule doesn’t give the measles vaccine until AFTER that age. Once a baby’s neurological system has matured for a few years, and normal language and social development are in place by age three, autism would be extremely unlikely to then be triggered by a measles vaccine given at that later age.

Sure, vaccinating this way means more visits to the doctor's office, more gas money, more insurance co-pays and more time off work to take your baby in. BUT, some parents may decide it's worth the extra time, money and trouble. "

For more information his website is http://www.askdrsears.com/thevaccinebook/ The book is really good – it talks about vitamins and other things you can do before and after vaccines to boost the immune system and talks about so much more. If you are not interested in getting the book the following is his recommended vaccine schedule. On his website he addresses what to do if you start this schedule late. I would show this to your pediatrician to see if he/she would be open to this. Good luck!! I hope this helps.

The months with an * are shots-only visits b/c most doctors don't do well-baby appts those months.

Dr. Bob's Alternative Vaccine Schedule

2 months: DTaP, Rotavirus

3 months*: Pc, HIB

4 months: DTaP, Rotavirus

5 months*: Pc, HIB

6 months: DTaP, Rotavirus

7 months*: Pc, HIB

9 months: Polio

12 months: Mumps, Polio

15 months: Pc, HIB

18 months: DTaP, Chickenpox

2 years: Rubella, Polio

2 1/2 years*: Hep B, Hep A (start Hep B at birth if any close relatives or caregivers have Hep

3 years: Hep B, Measles

3 1/2 years*: Hep B, Hep A

4 years: DTaP, Polio

5 years: MMR

6 years: Chickenpox

12 years: Tdap, HPV

12 years, 2 months*: HPV

13 years: HPV, Meningococcal (once Meningococcal vaccine is approved for age 2, Dr. Sears will move it there and delay Hep B by 6 months)

PS Not sure where in NC you live - I live in Charlotte and can recommend my pediatrician if you'd like! ;-)

There will always be side effects with vaccines which the doctor will warn you of when you go to get your child vaccinated. Also some children react badly to the vaccines, but at the end of the day the risk is really so small that harldy any children over the years have been affected. The problem is that if you dont have your child vaccinated then you leave them expose to such diseases which will do a lot more damage if they are contracted.

Extensive research has been done on the vaccines to make them as safe as possible and if you think about it, doctors wouldnt recommend the vaccinations if they werent both safe and necessary.

In the uk when there was a debate over the mmr being linked to autism (which was never proved) many parents didnt get their children vaccinated and as a result there was an epidemic of measles. Measles can be deadly, can cause blindness and all sorts of other things . . .the vaccine at the very worst could possibly be linked to autism . . .which means your child would still be alive.

People will argue that we dont see many of the diseases vaccinated against any more . . .THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT!!! and its because of the mass vaccinations.

Source(s): Mother of a 4yr old boy who has had all of his vaccinations and is perfectly healthy. I know a lot of parents and none of them have had children experience bad side effects of vaccinations . . .the worst that has happened is a fever lasting no longer than 12 hours!

My biggest problem with vaccines is not so much one in particular, it's giving so many at one time and causing so much stress on a baby's body at once.

I think there is much research that needs to be done on the effects but unfortunately it's not in the best interest of most organizations to do in depth research, they could potentially lose profit.

I am not necessarily against vaccinations, I am against blindly following the advice of doctors, and packing so many chemicals into a baby so young. A mother spends 10 months or more carefully avoiding anything that could harm a developing baby, why push it out and then not put that much effort into what is going into a newborn?

I and my whole family have gotten vaccines and we are all ok. I dont think the vaccines are what causes disease I believe it is genetics.....some say autism is from vaccines but if that were the case don't you think everyone would have it??? The risk are greater if your child contracts the diseases being vaccinated for!

EDIT-- some people are saying that the dieseases such as measles and mumps can be cured but WHY WOULD YOU EVER WANT YOUR KID TO EXPERIENCE ILLNESS WHEN YOU CAN PREVENT THEM??? That would be like saying well my kid has a chance of surviving a car hitting them so let them play in the road??? That makes no sense...when my child is sick all I want to do is take away any discomfort for them!!!

• Momof2

People that don't vaccinate their children are putting their children's health at risk, as well as the health of other children who have not yet received all of their vac's.

Here's a link to an article on yahoo health - its by a doctor from the world famous John Hopkins Hospital (the best of the best)

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/healthnews/13953/d...

none - thats like sayin is cows milk dangerous. NO. but it is to someone who is lactose intolerant. some kids have side effects and some dont. and generally the side effect from the diseases are more serious and more common than the side effects from the vaccine.

my daughter IS and WILL be vaccinated in the future. id rather care for a child who has developed autism than care for my daughter being mentally or physically disabled from a disease i could have prevented. in worst case scenarios measles and other diseases can still kill children - i wont run the risk with my daughter life.

Nichola, Mummy to 11mos old Sophie xxx