Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 decade ago

Should I add my ex boyfriend to my facebook?

I broke up with my ex 15 months ago......and we have not been in contact until the beginning of this summer when he started iming me a lot and trying to have convos with me. My new boyfriend and I ran into him someplace during the year and lets just say that after what my ex bf has done to me in the past relationship my new bf wants to kill him! Im serious i hope they never really meet!! So today I was on facebook and it showed that I had a friend invite from him......but i know if I add him he'll just want to get in on my business, mess with my boyfriend, and probably just cause problems. Plus Im repulsed by him so im just going to ignore it because im not ready to risk what makes me happy for him. Do you think Im doing the right thing? And why the hell would he even want to be in contact with me when he apparently is a "player" now? Plus do you think my new bf would have a problem with it if i added him?

Best Answer

I wouldn't add him. Like you said, he'll probably just cause problems.

i wouldnt add him... sounds like t r o u b l e! think of it from his point of view... he could be a "player" or he could be mad that u guys broke up. he might hate ur new bf and want 2 get revenge... if u broke up and havent had contact for 15 months, i would just keep ignoring him. & didnt u say u were repulsed? that answers u question rite there. dont add him. ignore him. in my opinion, thats the rite thing 2 do.

Instead of focusing on what a jerk this guy is, spend your time with your bestie telling her things that help her see her own worth. That she's valuable, and that anyone who does x, y, or z, just doesn't know how to treasure someone as special as she is. Girls who don't understand their worth often fall for guys who mistreat them. If she doesn't change her thinking about her own value and what she deserves from any relationships she has, she'll just pick another one like him. When she's tired of being treated like trash, she'll refuse to accept it. From anyone. Until then, build HER up. The more she gets that she's too worthwhile to be wasted on someone undeserving, the more of these jokers she'll be able to avoid on her own. That's SO empowering!

"after what my ex bf has done to me in the past relationship my new bf wants to kill him!"

Not a good thing to spill everything about past relationships, and this is not an endearing quality in a new boyfriend.

There is something you could do. Let the ex boyfriend apologize. It may be that he's truly sorry for everything. Hard to say. Let it end at the apology. Tell him thanks for apologizing, and you forgive him, but you have to end it here. Then block him from everything(Facebook, phone number, etc).

Yeh i think you should add him.

It doesnt mean you have to meet up with him or be close friends or anything, it just means you can occasionally chat to hima and see how he is getting on.

Accepting his add would be polite and if you dont he'll think your being impolite and i think that it doesn't make a difference to happiness, its not like your getting back with him or anything.

It was 15 months ago. Get over it and get on with life.

Dont add him.Been there done that.Its very hard to have your boyfriend on face book.It will cause trouble

ya i think u should because then u can swear at him adn say alot of other mean things but if ur a boring person then i would suggest u dont

Source(s): me (once again)

Don't add him and don't talk to him. Your boyfriend wouldn't have a problem, but you certainly do.

Don't add him, if you do you are just asking for problems.