Maggie Gyllenhaal in the Dark Knight is that the worst cast choice ever or what?

I know the rest of the cast list is pretty great! But Maggie Gyllenhaal! Has anyone seen her in the rest of her movies? I am thinking of the secretary in particular. She has managed to lose credibility as an important actor on top of being not all that pretty to start off with. And why do people think she is a talented actor? She seems to play the same character in every movie. And if not it seems like a contrived and unnatural act.

Katie Holmes is not a good choice either! But there are many new actresses they could have brought into the film! Why not be daring? Heath Ledger played the Joker and see what happened!

• Favorite Answer

She had bags under her eyes! WTF were the producers thinking?? Kate Beckinsale would've been a great choice if they wanted to keep the dark haired girl look. She does play the same character in every movie...she has no spark, nothing interesting or unusual about her. It could've been so much better with someone else!

(¯`v´¯)

.`· ♥.¸.·´

¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)

(¸.·♥´ (¸.·´♥

Maggie Gyllenhaal Dark Knight

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I know the rest of the cast list is pretty great! But Maggie Gyllenhaal! Has anyone seen her in the rest of her movies? I am thinking of the secretary in particular. She has managed to lose credibility as an important actor on top of being not all that pretty to start off with. And why do people...

Source(s): maggie gyllenhaal dark knight worst cast choice what: https://tr.im/ljTrw

Maggie Gyllenhaal Batman

No. Although Maggie Gyllenhaal isn't your standard Hollywood beauty, I think she added more to the film. The role of Rachel Dawes was supposed to be fiesty and smart and I think she played it MUCH better than Katie Holmes did. I felt that she suited the role and the character much better. She's a terrific actress and is seldom given much accolade outside of the indy community.

• Tony3 years agoReport

You must be ugly

It was bad casting. Maggie was horrible, she had no chemistry with neither Batman nor Harvey Dent and she looked old and tired. I don't even think the girl is 35 yet. And Katie Holmes was a bad choice as well, I hope they get it right for the 3rd one!

She was....alright...in the Dark Knight, but mostly because everyone else in the movie shined so bright it boosted her automatically. I do think she looked kind of middle agey and childish at the same time though. Those who do what they do best should not change the colour of the word best.

Runs a close second with Tina Fey in Baby Mama though.

well compared to Katie Holmes she is trash. it's like, wtf are you doing in this movie? ya know. Personally, I liked batman begins better. Seems like everything is perfect about that movie. It's a masterpiece I would say. I liked the Dark Knight, don't get me wrong, but somehow I left the theatre confused. I really didn't know what to think of it. Was it better or not. Idk. Whereas Batman Begins totally blew me away the first time I saw it.

Not seen it yet, but she doesn't impress me with either looks or performance. I like actresses to make me giddy with their beauty! Gwyneth Paltrow can do that! Gillian Anderson too.

All I can say is she needs to pray every single night and thank whoever gave her the position to work with one of the greatest actors of all time Heath Ledger. She needs to quit acting and consider herself lucky to even be mentioned amongst him.