Why do police in Goose creek and Charleston,South carolina harrass the people who report crime?

I recently almost got mugged by some low lige thugs who wanted my beach cruiser bike that was brandnew. I didn't know them any of them and I got away. I saw a officer on the highway and went to hime out of breath saying I was being chased by people with bats and weapons. He looked at me like I had ticked him... show more I recently almost got mugged by some low lige thugs who wanted my beach cruiser bike that was brandnew. I didn't know them any of them and I got away. I saw a officer on the highway and went to hime out of breath saying I was being chased by people with bats and weapons. He looked at me like I had ticked him off and told me to weight in front of the drivers car. 4 10minutes I weighted and then he aproached me and asked why I was here and where do I live. Itold him I live accross the street and I was justriding a bike for excercise. He asked for my ID and ran a background check for10minutes. I felt like I was the criminal by the time it was over. 25 minutes later mosquitoes bitten me up I'm finally asked the description of the guys.he puts it out on the radio and asks me to show where they were at! by then I gave up I just told them I need to go home it's late and then he told me to do a sobriety test and I did it and pased because I was sober. why do cops treat me like that?
Update: IN REPLY TO wattrlz
I was wearing a dickies plad shirt with a fresh white tshirt with blue jean carpenter shorts and sandles with a white nike hat. I don't look like a bum thou I am known to be lazy lol