Refinance home with equity to pay off liens???

My husband and I purchased a home in TX. When we purchased it, my husband had several liens that transferred over to the house. Our mortgage broker knew this beforehand, and we got into a really bad mortgage situation (we were going to 'flip" the house, but the liens kept us from doing this). Now, we... show more My husband and I purchased a home in TX. When we purchased it, my husband had several liens that transferred over to the house. Our mortgage broker knew this beforehand, and we got into a really bad mortgage situation (we were going to 'flip" the house, but the liens kept us from doing this). Now, we have over $20,000 equity in the home and we'd like to refinance it to pay off the liens. Our credit scores are in the low 700's and we are self-employed. The lenders that will work a loan require the liens to be paid off first, and the lenders that will refinance to pay the liens deny us. Can we refinance the house to get out of the really bad mortgage and not pay off the liens? Or do we have to pay off the liens to refinance? Ideally, we'd like to pay the liens off (the equity would pay all the liens off plus some) but our ARM is set to adjust in October to an ungodly amount, and we need to refinance. Any solid suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Update: We do have a proof of income issue. Our CPA does his job a little too well. YTD we have made over $85K, but that doesn't matter. We still can't get refied. We'd like to have the liens paid off at closing. BOA, where we bank, won't do it. Do you know of any other banks that may refi us? Thanks... show more We do have a proof of income issue. Our CPA does his job a little too well. YTD we have made over $85K, but that doesn't matter. We still can't get refied. We'd like to have the liens paid off at closing. BOA, where we bank, won't do it. Do you know of any other banks that may refi us? Thanks again for your input.