Pocket bike 49cc Was towed today -Police gave tickets in Arizona?

Anyone know the law on pocket bikes that are 49cc in Arizona? I need some statues or ordinaces about where they can be ridden. Today our 49cc pocketbike was towed and a ticket for no license and no insurance was given, I am really confused as this bike is a toy that my kids 8,11 and14 and husband ride and play... show more Anyone know the law on pocket bikes that are 49cc in Arizona? I need some statues or ordinaces about where they can be ridden. Today our 49cc pocketbike was towed and a ticket for no license and no insurance was given, I am really confused as this bike is a toy that my kids 8,11 and14 and husband ride and play with.

Thanks!

I found this link that say's this, let me know what you think or find me info to back it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocket_bike
In the US, minibikes are banned on public roads, but may be used on sidewalks and back roads for fun in all 50 states, as long as the bike and user are courteous of pedestrians and their surroundings. These bikes are toys and do not have to be registered or licensed, because they do not reach any state height, length, or speed and is not under any title. These toys are for entertainment use only, and not to transport the biker. You Do NOT need to insure, license, or register these bikes, this is a new update from legislative. In some states such as California, and in many cities, including New York City. Penalties if caught will be enforced by police departments may include the issue of a verbal reprimand by the officer or the confiscation of the vehicle. This also depends on the state,and city laws and regualtions of how severe the punishment is. These bikes are widely used in the US and are fun if the usage of the bike is correct and responsible.
Update: The bike was being ridden on a county road. The rider did not have a drivers license. Didn't think we needed one on this. It was bought as a toy not for transportation.
Update 2: So would my daughters Barbie jeep from walmart also get her a ticket LOL I am just shocked at them towing it. We could have picked it up and carried it.