tmpl924 asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Even if you hate Duke, do you think Coach K is the best man for the Job???

There is so much talent on this team it's hard to choose a line up and a game plan but i have faith if anyone can do it coach K is the man for the job. He brings Duke together every year and its a tougher job in college because you have to recuit/devolpe a new team every year since all the player are only playing one year. Coach K has always got the best out of his players when they play for Duke. He makes player better than they are. A lot of Duke players never do anything after college in the NBA but when coach K has them they look and play great, like a team.

I think he has an amazing way of getting Duke to compete every year even though other teams have better player, I mean most of the time you wouldnt know it until they hit the NBA. Look at JJ, Duhon, Williams, Lattnier he make them over achive most of the time. He is one of the best cochs of all time and i am glad he knows his place and stays in the Ncaa, the Nba is coaching its All stars with ego that need to be controlled

I agree even if you hate Duke you cant deny Coach K's abilities. He makes his players get an education and not just play basketball. He is an amazing mentor and Kobe should had spent a few years there before coming out

Favorite Answer

yes i see what you r saying and to tell you the truth i do pull 4 duke and my cuz dose to ha ha but the duke team is working together this year and they r doing a good job at it ha ah well byee

Source(s): 5

Why are you like "Oh My God" over it? It's not a big deal. I'm sure Obama will take it in stride & you should too. Basketball is a hobby & nothing more. And in the scheme of things is not important. Why should Obama care what a basketball coach says about him. I'm sure he does not unless he likes basketball too much, other than just catching a game now & then for fun. Sure i'm sure Coach K has done a lot of good things off of the court. But when people say it's more than just a game, no i disagree it's just a game. If Obama really cared about the country he'd start putting some taxes on games ect. People make way too much money in sports. If you start putting some serious government taxes on owners it'll get them to start paying players less which would be a good thing. Even college coaches make too much to me. And if professional players were'nt being payed so much. College players would not try to get money out of playing or wish to enter the pros so fast. He's been labled a socialist. But he still allows people to make what ever the market will bare. That's not a socialist. Even the best professional sports player shouldn't make more than 300,000 a year in my opinion. And the Head Coach & GM should always make more than the players. He could save the economy so easily by regulating sports a little bit. To me the salaries of some of these atheletes are far more rediculous than some of the salaries of the C.E.O's of Big companies. Don't get me wrong i like sports but what these people get payed, especially in professional sports is rediculous!!! Heck just about anybodies job is more important than theirs.

You know, i'm a huge Duke hater, but i've got to hand it to Coach K. He's an institution in men's college basketball. There's no question he's the right man for the job. I predict another Duke NCAA championship in the next 4-5 years.

Go UCONN!

No. Coach K is so overrated all those all-Americans and hardly any titles to show. He coaches Duke to losses with his "strategies" and he will do the same with Team USA. Shoulda gave the job to a coach with at least some NBA experience.

Agreed, great coach. Remember about 10 years ago when he had to take the year off for health reason? Duke barely won. Then he comes back, and they are right back on top. Plus, he puts grades ahead of baskets.

Team U.S.A. wanted emphasis on team play after the 2004 embarassment and one of the best team basketball coach's in coach K.

I hate Duke (UNC fan) but he is a great Coach.

yes he is the best college coach of all time i think....exept 4 DICKIE V......RIP

most certainly

• No....Phil should have been the coach...period

Source(s): ppl stop reporting me!!!!!!