APs: Do you have a hard time distinguishing between an "adoption issue" and "kid being a kid" issue?

I think of myself as pretty vigilant when it comes to acknowledging certain issues that my daughter has with regards to being adopted, but I have been told that I am making "mountains out of molehills." My daughter FREAKS if she can't see food. We're told that's just a typical kid. But we... show more I think of myself as pretty vigilant when it comes to acknowledging certain issues that my daughter has with regards to being adopted, but I have been told that I am making "mountains out of molehills." My daughter FREAKS if she can't see food. We're told that's just a typical kid. But we believe she does it because of the lack of food at the orphanage. Even though she was an infant, I believe some part of her remembers being hungry, so she acts out. Now... we are moving. She seemed excited about all the commotion, however, when it came to packing up her room, she lost it. She was inconsolable. Again, I thought this might be an adoption issue, fear of change or being left behind. I decided to let her help me pack up her room and explained how she was going to love the new house and how we'd all be together. It calmed her down, but again, we were told that any kid who saw her stuff being packed up would have reacted the same way. How do you tell the difference?
Update: Hi Jennifer: We do the same thing with regards to food. We put cereal in see-through canisters and we always have snacks on hand. She just needs to know that it's there. As for the new house, we are moving to a new town, which is about 20 minutes away. I think your idea is a good one. The house is being built,... show more Hi Jennifer: We do the same thing with regards to food. We put cereal in see-through canisters and we always have snacks on hand. She just needs to know that it's there.
As for the new house, we are moving to a new town, which is about 20 minutes away. I think your idea is a good one. The house is being built, so we often take her there so she can see what's happening with it. Hubby thought it would be a good idea to let her pick out a new bed so she can associate it with the new house. Well, she was very excited about that.

I do trust my gut. I think the second-guessing just comes with so many other moms (who have not adopted) and simply don't understand that the way I parent my daughter will be different than they parent theirs.
Update 2: Inde: Check into the nearest mental health facility. Seriously, you are coming apart at the seams.
Update 3: Bride: Of course you are welcome to answer and I appreciate your insight. As an after thought, I should not have just put this question out to APs, as obviously adoptees have very valuable opinions to offer on this subject. Thank you for yours.
Update 4: Great answers, everyone. It is so good to know I am not alone in this.

Spyder: You are so right about the racial teasing and to be mindful of it. That doesn't seem to have happened yet, but I do expect at some point it will. Sadly.