If God loves us, then why does he challenge us in faith by having bad things happen?

I've read in the bible of God and Jesus's love for us, and how we need to keep faith. But why if He loves us so much that he challenges us? You could say that it is not God that challenges us but the devil. However, God knows all... so, therefore, God knew that Lucifer was going to turn on him and... show more I've read in the bible of God and Jesus's love for us, and how we need to keep faith. But why if He loves us so much that he challenges us?

You could say that it is not God that challenges us but the devil. However, God knows all... so, therefore, God knew that Lucifer was going to turn on him and become Satan (owner of the evil spiritual realm that causes struggles in our lives).
God created Lucifer -- as he did all the angels and everything in the universe, so he knows what we will do and what will happen.

So why does he challenge us?
Update: I'm not assuming that if you are a Christian then nothing bad should happen in your life... because it obviously still does. What I'm asking is: WHY is it that way?
I'm more or less looking for biblical support and/or philosophical thought to explain a reason for this.