can you add credit card debt into new mortgage?

Ok so the deal is im looking at a house its about 89,999 and have under 10 grand in cc debt. Is there a way I can combine this so I have one payment?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes there are ways you can add your other debts into your mortgage, there are other factors that come into play as well though, such as interest rates and whether or not you can afford the monthly payments for the consolidation! Theres a debt consolidation calculator on http://www.eastwestbank.com/English/java/Consolida... that will help you factor in everything. At the point it will give you a projected monthly payment and will help you determine if a consolidation is right for you!

God Bless!!

• 1 decade ago

Not on a purchase. Besides why would you want to do that. You should never pay unsecured credit with secured credit. That's how people get into trouble in the first place. When you have all your cards paid then some how they seem to creep right back up to where you started. And so on goes the vicious circle.

Try this...get a second job dedicated to paying down that debt. Restructure your budget and learn to live with out credit cards. This all could be fun. I can help with the structure of the budget if you wish.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not on a purchase. The only way you can combine debt into your mortgage by doing a "cash out refinance", but that will have to be at a later time. Just FYI: for a cash out refi, you will need to have quite a bit of equity in the home and the rates are higher.

• 1 decade ago

Its called consolidation. Cost you fees but you need get a debt consolidation mortgage

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.