Can anybody tell me what is the difference between a dove and a pigeon? Thank you for your assistance. Your answer in Chinese please if possible!
- Hope For PeaceLv 71 decade agoBest Answer
- Dove 鴿 (一般指小野鴿) , 而家鴿通常稱 pigeon
- Pigeon and dove are of the same family, but different species.
- The difference between doves and pigeons is mostly size. Doves are generally sleeker and smaller with pointed tails, while pigeons are larger and stockier with rounded tails. The common urban pigeon is also known as a "Rock Dove." The popular white dove releases at various celebrations are billed as "dove" releases, but ethical companies always use white homing pigeons, as they return home.
- any of a widely distributed family (Columbidae, order Columbiformes) of birds with a stout body, rather short legs, and smooth and compact plumage; especially : a member of any of numerous varieties of the rock dove that exist in domestication and in the feral state in cities and towns throughout most of the world
綜合以上的資料,dove和pigeon 係同類但不同品種。一般來講, dove 的體形較 pigeon 為細小。家鴿通常稱 pigeon。
- PiggirlvincyLv 61 decade ago
A pigeon was cooing up in one of the elms.
He was a pigeon, a victim of a confidence game.
純潔的人;溫和可愛的人Source(s): Yahoo 聰明筆