Injured at work was givin a morphine shot about 52 mins before I was drug tested?

Injured at work was given a morphine shot about 52 mins before I was drug tested? Will it show up in the drug test? and if it does what do I do?

Just you know it was a UA not a blood test... and I was asked 3 times "Have been drug tested yet? " Once before the shot and twice after, which is weird because before the drug test they acted nice and helpful but after all attitudes seem to change, Like I was not welcome they seemed to just want to get me out of there...

Favorite Answer

If you had the morphine shot after the injury or because of the injury and then they administrated the drug test then it should not matter whether you test positive for it or not. If you had a shot of morphine then it had to be prescribed by a doctor. No matter what shows up in your system, as long as you have a prescription for it or it is part of your medical record then they cannot say anything to you about it. If you took the shot (somehow) without a doctors order then you have no documentation backing you for a legitimate prescription. That is a schedule two narcotic and you could very well lose your job. I am sure you will be fine if a doctor gave you the shot though. There is nothing they can do about that.

You needed a note from your doc saying that you were given a morphine shot. You could go back to the doc and tell them what happened and see if they will look up when they gave you the shot and write a note saying that they gave the shot to you less than an hour before you were popped for a drug test.

It Will show up on the drug test, but if it was given to you by a Doctor in the hospital, then you don't have anything to worry about. You should have made the person who was giving the drug test a heads up though....it makes you less suspicious.

Source(s): Registered Nurse

It shouldnt show up on ur drug test unless thats something they test for. Usually the drug test is for pot, coke, and heroine, and any other hard drugs. If it comes up positive all you have to do is get a paper from the hospital stating that they gave it to you. And if u take any prescription drugs, get doctors notes proving those scripts.

Yes it will show up....no worry, there is a hospital record of it.....most time you are drug tested BEFORE, also the hospital probably has blood work on you that was taken before the medication was given.....its a workmans comp/insurance thing

• Joanne

Within 24 hours of getting off the bus at boot camp you'll be tested.

all you have to do is when the results get back, if they are positive, prove that you were medically injected with morphine for all the right reasons

its really not a huge deal

Depends on if they tested blood or urine. It shows up in blood much quicker. If you have your hospital records there should be no problem with your employer

If the hospital gave it to you, don't worry about it....