• Consumer Electronics >
  • Home Theater
  • Consumer Electronics >
  • Home Theater

How do I hook up my HDTV/Wii/digital cable box and surround sound system?

• Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Here is what I have: Samsung 46” HDTV 1080p Nintendo Wii Sony home theatre system, DAV-HDX277WC And a digital cable box from Time Warner (DVR) I have the cable box hooked up ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
OK the wii comz with the cable red, white and yellow. The red and white are for the sound or audio. So, all you need to do is to move the red and the white cables and hook them to your receiver audio in. It does not matter which audio in you put. They are labeled VCR, DVD. Once u hook them to any input remember to switch the receiver to the specific input.

Asker's rating & comment

4 out of 5
After much trial and error I finally got it all to work. Thank you for your answer.
  • 1
    0
  • Comment
Here is what I have:

Samsung 46” HDTV 1080p
Nintendo Wii
Sony home theatre system, DAV-HDX277WC
And a digital cable box from Time Warner (DVR)

I have the cable box hooked up and running and the sound (5.1) is working when I play DVDs and cable. I can play the Wii but the sound is only going through the TV and I want it to play through the home theatre. I’ve tried a few different way of connecting it but haven’t found the one way it will work yet. I’ve looked at the owners manuals but they aren’t clear on what to do when have more then two items to contend with. I also checked out Nintendo’s site and all it said was to hook the Wii output cable into the input of the cable box, which I did but it didn’t work. Any ideas?
Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock