What is the difference between a damaged tendon and a damaged ligament?

I was told I may have a damaged tendon or a damaged ligament by a wrist therapist and to see a hand dr before I go on with wrist therapy. What is the difference between a damaged tendon and a damaged ligament? I put a call in to the dr, but until then I'm sitting here with a custom splint, what is the treatment that is done to correct a tendon or ligament.

Favorite Answer

Tendons connect muscle to bone. Ligaments connect bone to bone.

If you had to ask if you were wearing the proper shoes, then that means you must feel they are not the proper shoes. Get some good shoes. Go to a running store. Not one of those stores at the mall, but a real running shoe store. If the problem happens again, stop. Rest and ice. Go back after a couple of days and try again. These kind off aches and pains happen when you start running. Give you body a chance to strengthen those muscles. If the problem occurs after that, then see a doctor. Don't injure yourself.