Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 decade ago

Why do girls SUCK at video games?

I mean some girls just suck so bad at video games, it stresses you out just to teach them how to use a simple X button or A button. Then when it comes to math or anything academic, they own us males and have the hard times teaching US how to multiply 2 x 2.

keyword: SOME

And no yeh can't ;)

OK, I just needed some mind refreshing. Next time I should ask, why do girls JUDGE so easily.

Well I'd like to meet any girls that are good! Lifelong dream.

(Btw, I'm not bad at academics... Jeez I was being sarcastic.)

Well you kids can read THIS: I'm 14 and in 10th grade. I play lots of video games but we all need fun in life!

Favorite Answer

Hahah I can empathize with you here. I don't mean to brag, but I play alot of games such as CS:S and others, so I can infact play, but I have to agree that some girls are hopeless. I'm not sure why, but the first few reasons that come into my head are:

1) It's a "guy thing".

2) Games can be violent.

3) They SAY they have better things to do

I'm not sure why, but I definately have to agree...

If you have Xbox Live, let me know? It's just Tailzz

=]

Source(s): I've tried teaching friends... I've given up on most
    • Parker4 years agoReport

Society tends to view games as a pastime subculture. It isn't something elitist of the world do on their day to day, if at all. They're usually the ones selling you the content or running giant corporations than playing Tomb Raider. We're considered beta males/females compared to others like Jayz.

What's Facebook haha just kidding but I don't have it much less use it. Girl gamers as people like you call them can be annoying! But so can guys. Also gossiping is just chatting well it would be if you did it. See what I mean? I have better things to do then this (like read my comic books) so I'll go now, peace from a gamer that happens to be a girl.

From columbia university-

http://www.columbia.edu/itc/anthropo...ovics/mf2.h...

Research found that men tend to use one side of their brain (particularly the left side for verbal reasoning) while women tend to use both cerebral areas for visual, verbal and emotional responses. These differences in brain use cause a difference in behavior between men and women. Women tend to be better at sensing emotional messages in conversations, gestures, and facial expressions, and are thus more sensitive. Women start to speak and read at an earlier age than men and are generally better in verbal skills, such as learning a different language. They tend to have a better grasp on grammar and spelling, and girls have better handwriting than boys do. Women have better sight at night and have a more acute sense of smell, taste and hearing.

Men are better in spatial coordination and have a better sense of direction (usually!). They excel in math and are great at interpreting three-dimensional objects. They have a better hand-eye coordination and more precise control of large muscle movement. They have poor peripheral vision but better sight in bright light and a better sense of perspective. Since they use one side of their brain more than the other, they tend to use the left side for verbal reasoning and the right for visual and emotional activities (if they are right handed).

Now of course, we could be politically correct losers and act like men and women are equal and call anyone who disagrees sexist... Or we can acknowledge that men and women have different BRAIN physiology. We could pretend that everyone is equal, or we could be logical reasonable people that understand that we are different and appreciate/accept the differences

i dont know o__O ive been playing vgames since i was like 4 and i was really good but after a long break now i suck not like cluelessly suck but im not as good anymore.

(secret----> i even ******* cried over sucking so bad :'(

i did however meet this ugly chick who was a badass at games... point being ugly girls are better at vgames! weeeeeeee :D .. well thats what ive been told x) haha

#bitcheschill.

most girls dont cherish violence video games are pure violent . girls believe more in spending 8 hours on facebook chatting.

• for example my big sister used to play videogames but stopped because she saw the "bad side" of playing videogames.ah no bvious a girl is willing to see my little ponies

alright listen im a guy and i used to think that way untill i got my butt handed to me on a silver platter by one of my best freinds WHO IS A GIRL besides being good at games is not gender based!!!!

• PG

Not all girls suck at video games, you're just hanging out with the wrong ones! ;-)

I can beat all the guys I know at any game, and my BFF she is also an excellent gamer.

Because girls aren't lemmings like boys who play games all day long and don't have a life. You will be the best gamer but while you're playing the girls are getting smarter and smarter...hope your parents are proud.

And people wonder why I'm not going to let my kids have video game - you made my point perfectly. I think I'll print this for them to read.

• Jacob5 years agoReport

There’s an air of superiority when it comes to their attitude towards gaming, like playing games is beneath them. Let’s just, for the moment, ignore the fact that girls play games with our emotions, with our wallets, and above all… our sanity.

• Probably because women have a lot more to do with their time than to waste all their time sitting on a game. There is a lot more to life than worrying about how to push the X button or the Y button.

Not all girls suck at video games either. Academics actually help people in life. What benefit does a person get from playing video games all day?

• AMD

I am a girl and I have been playing video games (both console games and computer games) since I was a little kid. I've played from Atari on to the present. And I do NOT suck. I've been in tournaments and I can beat your butt, that's for sure. Lol.