I'm a heavy drinker. Can anyone answer this health question?

I'm 27, have been drinking very heavily for about 4 years, before that I drink a lot just nowhere near as much as I do now. Recently i've been reading a lot about liver damage and hepatitis. I've had some friends visit for more than a week and i've drank very heavily every night and today i'm... show more I'm 27, have been drinking very heavily for about 4 years, before that I drink a lot just nowhere near as much as I do now. Recently i've been reading a lot about liver damage and hepatitis. I've had some friends visit for more than a week and i've drank very heavily every night and today i'm very sore in the area of my liver. It's sore to touch and sore like a muscle ache otherwise. Is this something I should be concerned about? I know I need to stop drinking and it's something i'm trying to do, but now i'm concerned I may have hurt myself. Some of the things you read are pretty scary.