Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

What player on your favorite MLB team would be a good fit on your fav NFL team?

1. What player on your favorite MLB team would be a good fit on your fav NFL team & where would they play (position)

2. What player on any MLB team would be a good fit on an NFL team, what team & position

Favorite Answer

1. Jacoby/Coco can help shore up the weak Patriots (I don't love them but I used to live in Boston so I guess I like them by default) secondary because they are quick and have great ball tracking skills.

2. Carlos Lee to me seems like a great linebacker because he has the size but he has shown that he can steal a base so he obviously has decent speed as well. The Pats can use him as well. The Saints also need a big body in there because they cannot stop the run.

• Adam Dunn on the Reds, he was a Quarterback at Texas. He would have played but wanted to concentrate on baseball but was recruited and given a football scholarship. All broadcasters talk about his football skills and how he used to play football. They say every now and then, he goes to workkout and practice with the Bengals. He should go to the Bengals as a back up QB to Carson Palmer. Not to mention, he is not the only Reds player that played football also. Deion Sanders and Drew Henson who was a Quarterback.

Carlos Zambrano as a linebacker or a defensive end, he's a big strong athletic guy and they say he play different positions in batting practice. He shows his strength when he's mad breaking bats over his thigh. Once again, I think he should go to the Bengals, becuase they were short on linebackers last year and what the Bengals drafted this year in the first round of this year's draft. If he were to go as a Defensive End, he could go to the New York Giants to take Michael Strahan's place since he retired from the NFL.

Jose Reyes, Carl Crawford, or Jacoby Ellsbury would make great wide receivers, but I would be more tempted to put Ellsbury and Crawford as Tight Ends since their a little bit bigger guys and have a lot more strength based on power numbers and homerun production, Especially Ellsbury. Similar to Jeremy Shockey now with the Saints. Although Jacoby Ellsbury doesn't start everyday, his numbers aren't as good as Reyes.

This was a very interesting question. There are several ball players I could have listed on this question.

My favorite MLB team is MN Twins, and Joe Mauer would make a great addition at QB for the Vikings. Out of high school he was the top ranked H.S. QB, being recruited by many major football programs. He chose to go with the Twins however who chose him No. 1, before Mark Prior. He would have probably been a great QB, 6'4" 220lbs., a great arm and pretty good speed.

I think Grady Sizemore would be a good reciever for the Ravens. He is 6'2" and 200, has very good speed, and is pretty strong. Plus,they have no one at that position.

• Linda

MLB team- Kansas City Royals MLB player- Yuniesky Betancourt NFL team- Atlanta Falcons NFL player- Roddy White/Andre Johnson NBA team- Golden State Warriors NBA player- Hasheem Thabeet NHL team- San Jose Sharks NHL player- Devin Setoguchi

I don't have a favorite NFL team, but I heard that Matt Kemp broke a few NCAA recruiters' hearts when he picked baseball over football. I understand he was an excellent DB and several schools saw him as a potential star LB....

Joe Beimel looks like an "old school" place kicker and Russell Martin looks like the kind of TB that would be called "slow and undersized" before the game and leave cleat prints on the chests of the defensive players during...

A) The Braves is my favorite team! Jeff Francoeur played football before, so I could see him playing S, or TE for the Carolina Panthers!

B) Looking at the entire NFL, I would put somebody like Willy Taveras or Carl Crawford on special teams for anybody that needed to improve on their avg. field postion. Thats a good question though. You could go several directions with this. There are many players who are athletic enough to make a transition if they wanted!

1)Probably Jacoby Ellsbury. He would be a good kick/punt returner on the niners and maybe could be a slot reciever.

2) The guy I really think could help out the niners is Carl Crawford. He has the size and speed to be a really good reciever. He did afterall have a scholarship to play football at UCLA. Carl Crawford, definitely.

1. Bengie Molina would be a good OT (49ers) or Fred Lewis as a WR

2. Prince Fielder, OT, for the Packers

• Ryan

Fred Lewis for the Giants. He is a great athlete and did play football. Probably wideout for the 49ers. Their wide recievers are average/mediocre.

Jeff Samardzija.