Soda
Soda asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

On a NON-political level... What is your opinion on Iraq being banned from the Olympics?

Best Answer

I don't think it is fair to the athelets who have in many case worked their whole lives to compete at the international level. I also think the IOC should be ashamed of themselves for holding it in China since the Olympics are supposed to bring the world together.

Personally, I don't think the Olympics are something to get all excited about. I don't think they should be held in China either. I really could care less who is banned and who is not. but it does seem kind of hypocritical to me to let them be held in China and then ban Iraq. Like China is lily white in the violence department. Iraq had some good athletes I'm sure that should be allowed to participate. But what can we do. It's all political.

Have you seen the commercial talking about how many millions strong the world is, all with differences, but for those so many days we all stand together as one. If they ban certain athletes, then how are we standing as one? Ah, discrimination.

Considering that the IOC is letting the muderous bastards running China host the Games, and also some of the other

shining beacons of humanity whose countries ARE participating, I would say being banned saves the Iraquis from being tainted. We should follow them to the sidelines.

i am totally appalled by the decision, it is not fair at all, Bush said it best, "it is just a game"

seems unfair to me.