Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Why did Rice send a meno to the Pentagon to keep Obama from visiting our troops in Germany?

Pentagon Officials said the restirictions were to keeping with Defense Department aimed at avoiding the appearnce of military support for any particular candidate.

The why did the Pentagon let McCain and his campagn go to the hospitals in Iraq?

Do we Amercains smell a rat in what the White House is doing?

30 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Rice is Cheney's guard dog, she does, what he tells her to do.

Not like Bush, who is his puppet.

Cheney is the brain behind the disastrous last 8 years and he learned his trade from Kissinger.

(But Rice said, its just a '"coincidence", that she issued the executive order a day before Obama traveled)

• Login to reply the answers
  • equils
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Senator Obama visited the troops at Walter Reed wellness facility final month; and on a similar time as in Kuwait, Afghanistan, an Iraq on his center East State branch bypass to. The Pentagon curtailed his bypass to on a similar time as in Germany. In as lots; the protection tension and veterans have given Obama of grade B+, while McCain garnished D as a grade. curiously they watch the information and shop up with the balloting information of the Senate and choose helping the GI Webb invoice, whilst McCain did not even take place and vote.

• So........ The blind leading the blind.......

It is so nice to have the 'media' do all the informing,

candidate character building and packaging, etc.

Obama is a nice young rich kid with no real applied

history.

McCain.......s' been around the block a few times.

And paid the price........... That price bears Wisdom

not camera-ready photo ops.

Obama might concider himself a "world citizen"..... that's nice,

however the US does not need a "world citizen" She needs

a WORLD LEADER............. I'm goin' with Experience......

Not some spoiled wet-behind-the-ears rich kid... whom is

too bothered to drop off scheduele and camera to simply

and unobstrusively visit - alone, 'cept for security and an aide

or two....Those wounded troopers..... because "that hospital" IS the US military burn-unit and battle trauma center and is ,relatively, just around the corner!! Insensitive and insincere.

Too bad. His PR guys should have seen it a mile away,comin'.

Most importantly , He, Sen. / Candidate Obama ahould

have ! This is a very important observation of character and

leadership quality.

LEADERS do NOT make excuses or find scape-goats for

oversights! When one is a Boss...... One delegates

and orders, reguardless of subordinates' determinations.

This World is too full of older, experienced Monsters- for-

Leaders (Business and Gov'.)for an FNG Senator to man the helm of this Nation.

I'd give Sen. Obama the rest of his term followed by a

Governorship and the persuant record of actions........

Then my conciderations would be ameliorated or abated.

McCain's been through the "School of Hard Knocks."

And so have I.

'Till then, SittingMoose,Shaman.

• 1 decade ago

The memo said to no support ANY of the candidate in a way that would allow them to use it as a campaign platform and in a way that would show a certain preference by the pentagon to any of them.

It applies to both candidates.

When McCain was in Iraq ... same as Obama they were in place and saw first hand all the installations including the wounded on the field.

When Obama goes to Germany it is SPECIFICALLY to see the wounded.

If you cannot differentiate those two i suggest you abstain from voting because politics is way more complicated than that and you seem to have a problem with the most basic understanding.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

This is simply not true. Obama decided not to go because they told him that he would not be able to bring along any media. So you decide why he didn't go. I think it's an embarrassment to our country and hurtful to our wounded troops.

I have spoken with several people I know serving now in Iraq and they told me that he really didn't pay any mind to the troops. They also told me that their moral was very low because of the people in this country that are constantly putting down their mission.

If you aren't' behind our troops; you are against them. They are there for you and me and every American. Remember that they volunteered to serve for this great country.

God Bless America and Her People!

God Bless Our Brave Troops!

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

-Samuel Adams

• 1 decade ago

Visiting troops is not a problem. Using troops or a base as a campaign backdrop is. There's a difference. If he wants to go see troops, visit with wounded, etc. that is fine. He would just have to leave the cameras, press, and crowds of 200,000 behind.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm not sure that Rice did this, or that should could. She did however tell members of the diplomatic corps that they could not go to hear his speech at the Brandenburg Gate.

This has gotten the union quite upset, since it is a clear restriction on the right of all citizens to participate in government. Government workers may not contribute to or participate in a political campaign, but they do have the right to free assembly and to vote.

Why did she do it? She's a Republican.

• 1 decade ago

As a supporter of the Democratic party, let me PLEAD with you not to post this type of question without PROOF or at least a link. We would like to maintain the higher moral ground! Thanx.

• fdm215
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I'm not sure she did that. The Obama campaign do think some at the Pentagon have gone out of their way to be unhelpful.

There was a concern because Obama was traveling on his campaign budget not senate funds. He visited troops in Iraq where it wasn't an issue. While the DOD filmed some of that visit. Obama did not want the hospital visit filmed - he thought it inappropriate. He was right.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nice try Cherry D. You need to do your own homework rather than listening to the democratic spin machine.

The ONLY restrictions placed on Obama in this regard was that he could bring just one member of his staff and NO video cameras. Obviously this did not suit Obama's plans to put on a show at the expense of the wounded soldiers.

You know, I find some of these answers just as ignorant and appalling as your question. Seems there are many who just tag along and repeat garbage that has absolutely not validity. Genuine Sheeple.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.